Add text to header

Hi support,

I’m using the navigation right header layout and have added css to align the nav menu at the botton of the header. I’d now like to add some text (phone number and email) above the menu.

The layout I’m looking for is logo left, menu bottom right and text right aligned above the menu. I’ve acheved the first two, some help would be appreciated with text above menu.

Thanks, Gerry

Hey Gerry,

I’d suggest using the Navigation Bottom layout as it gives you the option to add text to the right side. Just apply custom CSS to the menu to move it to the right. That would be easiest way around this I think.

Hope this helps!

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for supporting me. Would it be a big job to somehow add text to the header with my original layout? I’m working from a design where the nav menu is in line with the logo, I was able to achieve just the right layout apart fron the ability to add text.

Unfortunately with navigation bottom the menu is beneath the logo as opposed to inline with it.

Thanks,

Gerry

Hello Gerry,

Your only option for now is to override the nav-right.php file under the includes folder in your theme via a child theme. It involves a bit of coding in PHP and styling it via CSS. Are you comfortable with that?

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting back to me. I do CCS edits myself but would outsource PHP coding, wherever possible I try to work within the boundaries of what can be done within BB (and that’s a lot!)

BB is by far the best tool available to my business and I know you try to keep the code lightweight which is great however it would be great if you could add a little more flexibility/options for header area.

Thanks, Gerry

Hey Gerry,

No worries! The problem about getting this done is when choosing the right nav layout, our theme doesn’t provide a place to put text on it. Whereas if you were to work with a bottom nav layout, there is a place to put text on the right side. You just need custom CSS to make the menu appear like how you want it to.

Another option you have is to use a No Header/Footer template and create your header/footer via the page builder. That gives you full control to all the elements you want.

Hope this helps!

Ben

Hi Ben,

Do you think that there may be an option in the future to incorporate text within the right nav layout through the customiser? The right nav layout is an attractive option but is let down by the inability to add text which headers often require.

Thanks for the No Header/Footer suggestion, is it possible to add a navigation menu as normal with that option?

Thanks, Gerry

Hey Gerry,

You can hit the User Voice Forums for that!

Regarding adding a menu as normal on the page builder, you can do so using the widget Menu. But it would need additional styling.

Ben