After publishing

How come every time I issue a Save or Publish command, BB puts me into what I will call “View” mode, instead of “Edit” mode? That is becoming very tedious for me, as I must then wait for the page to appear and click the Back button in order to continue with my work.

I can see how this could be a matter of preference – you might want to view your changes after you publish them – but I keep my page open in a separate browser window when I am developing. At a minimum, I’d like to see the plugin offer this as a preference.

Hi Rick,

Sorry if you feel that way. Feel free to add that as a feature request on our User Voice Forum and we’ll see how it goes. :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi Rick,
I have two tab pages open, one sitting on the normal WP admin, the other editing my pages(s) with BB.
Also do you have the User Toolbar open ?
I used to have it turned off, as it annoyed me, as I wanted to view the page as a visitor would, but for page builders it really becomes a necessity - as BB adds a link to quickly jump into edit mode.
Sorry if this is not news to you, but just asking in case :slight_smile:
Cheers, Dave

Hi David – It might very well be news to me and I appreciate your posting. I’m not even sure what the User Toolbar is – is it a BB component or part of the WP UI? I would enthusiastically explore that if you can point me in the right direction.

Hi Rick,
Yep the standard WP users toolbar
Go Users >> Profile >> click ‘Show Toolbar when viewing site’ & save
HTH, Dave

Ah, I know what you are referring to now – yes, I have that enabled. It’s still an extra click that I find unnecessary, whether it is a click on the Toolbar or just a click on the Back button. An extra click and about five seconds of wait time for the page to be redisplayed in browser view.

When I am in major-league page creation mode, I want to be able to issue a Save command as I would in my word processor or in Dreamweaver: save and continue, save and continue working.

Am I just anal? Perhaps guilty as charged…