Beaver Builder in widget

I have a post type setup for ‘snippets’, that is, content to be pulled into my theme. I’ve then added this post type to BB’s supported post type list. I can then use BB to build out a post and pull that post’s content into a widget (with the help of fl_builder_global_posts). It actually kinda works. I can launch BB from the snippet post and edit the snippet content in both the content area of the post and the widget area of the post (any change I make is duplicated in both areas). But things break down when I launch BB on any other page, it actually attempts to allow me to modify the ‘widget’ area, but I get ‘Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /wp-content/plugins/bb-plugin/includes/settings.php on line 14’ when I make the attempt.

This is very likely not a supported method of using BB but I’m wondering if you may have any suggestions on how to make this functionality work, I think allowing BB to modify sidebar/widget areas would be very useful.

Hi Steve,

That’s an interesting use case and I’d like to look into it more. Could you send me temporary login info to test? Also, can you make sure you’re using the latest version? That is 1.4.0 and has some additions that support using the builder in cases like this.

Thanks,
Justin

[Content Hidden]

Hey Steve,

The builder doesn’t support editing content from two different pages on the same page, so what you’re seeing (the fact that it’s letting you try) is actually a bug that we need to fix. My apologies for any confusion there!

Thanks,
Justin

Thanks for the fix!