Best Way to Control Logo Appearance

Hi Guys,
I am trying to place my logo in the header using the theme customizer. I see that there is padding and am wondering about the best way to make my logo flush with my left margin. Should I find a way to edit the theme’s css or should I wait and insert my logo in the layout in the page builder? Thanks for your help!

Hi Susan,

Thanks for getting in touch! So, in order to do some padding work on your logo, yes, you will need to add some custom CSS. We actually have an area in the customizer where you can put in custom CSS if you aren’t using a child theme. Let me know if you need any help with that.

Best,
Billy

Hi Billy,

Thanks, Billy! I am using the child theme. I don’t want to assume the best way to proceed. Should I customize the padding in the parent theme and then do the rest of my customization in the child theme or should I manually add custom css in child’s style css folder? If so, any quick coding answer would be greatly appreciated. I’m a novice. Thanks! -Susan

Hey Susan,

Best practice would be to insert your custom CSS into the child theme’s style.css file via the editor. I can help out if you like, just need a link to the site and what you would like to do with the logo. Let me know!

Best,
Billy

Hi Billy,

I really appreciate your help. I am still building on my local host, so I will try this out myself first. I’ll let you know if I am still struggling. Thank you!
-Susan

Hey Susan,

No worries, let me know if you need help once you get a live version up!

Best,
Billy