Beta test the latest version of the Beaver Builder theme!

Thanks for the feedback, Dairrell! Ozan will be adding a text field to the slider controls for now.

Thanks for feedback @Dairrell and @Dave @László @Stig Just added a text field to the slider controls http://d.pr/i/1i3kS :slight_smile:

Awesome! Thanks for quick response. A very welcome addition. :slight_smile:

Great @Ozan!

Having issue when clicking menu dropdown links on scrolling page. When clicking a link within a dropdown, targeted to an ID for page scroll, the Dropdowns do not close after clicking on them. Page scrolls with dropdown menu still open.

BUG? - After updating, when working on the front-end editor, I have no right-click context menu. Is there a setting for this somewhere? I also have a 3rd party button that shows up in the text editor next to the “add Media” button. The third party button is broke. I know you guys disabled the 3rd party buttons but, somehow this one is getting through now.

Hey Josh,

Having issue when clicking menu dropdown links on scrolling page.

Can you provide a link with an example of this issue? We can have a look for you.

I have no right-click context menu.

We don’t modify the context menu at all. Are you sure it’s not another plugin that’s causing that issue?

I also have a 3rd party button that shows up in the text editor next to the “add Media” button.

We disable editor buttons with a priority of 999999 to allow developers the ability to provide buttons that do work on the frontend. We could lock that down completely by setting the priority to PHP_INT_MAX but we didn’t want to do that. It sounds like you might need to get in touch with the developer as their button is probably being loaded with a priority higher than 999999.

Thanks,
Justin

This is just for my own wish list, but I’d like to see the default template for pages to be the one with the sidebar, or at least have a way in the settings to make that one the default template. I know you mentioned swapping the full width and sidebar templates, but if I’m using BB for multiple customers, I have to do that for every install.

Thanks,

Dairrell

Hey Dairrell,

I think since most people use BB to build their layouts on pages in the BB theme, having the sidebar on by default would probably annoy a lot of people. Sorry, I know the opposite doesn’t work for you!

If you created a standard child theme that you used for all of your clients, you could override page.php in there to have it use the sidebar. Would that work?

Justin

We just pushed out 1.5-beta.2 that you can download from your my account area. This should be the last beta update before launch unless anything major comes up. Thanks again for testing!

Thanks Justin. I’ll just create the child theme as you suggested.

Dairrell

Thanks for the info on the 3rd party button info and the context menu. Context menu was working up until I updated to 1.5B

Visit http://solanorepublicans.org/ for the issue below

Having issue when clicking menu dropdown links on scrolling page. When clicking a link within a dropdown, targeted to an ID for page scroll, the Dropdowns do not close after clicking on them. Page scrolls with dropdown menu still open.

Hey Josh,

Thanks for the follow up. I get a context menu on your site when I right click. Is it possible that you updated other plugins that might be affecting you? You can try deactivating plugins one-by-one to see if the issue goes away.

Regarding the drop downs, the reason they aren’t going away is because they only fade out when your mouse leaves them. However, we might be able to do something about having them fade out when clicked as well. I’ve filed and issue to look into that.

Great looking site, BTW :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Justin

I’m using the Nav Centered + Inline Logo menu with the Shrink Fixed Header and I’m experiencing some intermittent behavior with how the centered logo displays after refreshing the page.

The menu items appear first and then the logo looks to have some animation that grows the image and pushes the menus to the left and right. Is this expected behavior?

Also, sometimes the logo doesn’t appear. If the logo doesn’t display, when you scroll down the Shrink Fixed Header will display and then when you scroll to the top the logo is still missing. Usually refreshing the page again will display the logo.

This usually happens after editing a Page with BB or going from Admin Dashboard to any Page. Once the logo shows, it seems to stay.

The site I’m working on is in development and I’m jumping in and out of the BB Editor and/or Admin Dashboard regularly.

Thanks.
Doug

[Content Hidden]

Hey Justin,

Thanks for the props =) and the reply. Yeah the non disappearing dropdown after clicking on it delivers an unusual experience when it happens in conjunction with page scrolling. It starts to scroll underneath the menu giving the user a feeling they did domething wrog or something didn’t work right. This really only seems to be an issue with scrolling pages. Thanks for looking into it.

Regarding the drop downs, the reason they aren’t going away is because they only fade out when your mouse leaves them. However, we might be able to do something about having them fade out when clicked as well. I’ve filed and issue to look into that.

Great looking site, BTW :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Justin

You’re welcome, Josh. This has been completed and will be in the next release.

Justin

I am working on a new site and decided since I’m starting fresh I would try the beta version. I noticed that sometimes the social icons and all other icons will disappear and be replaced by a colored box. At the same time to search box image is replaced by “fl”

I can’t seem to figure out why this is happening, and I’ve disabled both cache plugins as we all Chrome plugins that might be causing it. Any thoughts?

www.freshautoloans.com

Hey FreshSourceMedia,

That typically happens when the font files aren’t being loaded. Have you noticed any errors come up in Chrome’s console when that happens? I do know that ad blockers can cause this to happen. Do you have one installed?

Let me know.

Thanks,
Justin

[Content Hidden]