boxed layout except for home page

Hi there - I want to use a background image for all pages except the home page. Is there a way to make all the content pages boxed while keeping the home page full width?

thanks!

Hey Chris,

That’s not possible without writing a little CSS but if you send over a link to your site, I can get you pointed in the right direction.

Justin

Hi Justin - Happy to add some CSS. Here is my site: http://allsquarecontracting.flywheelsites.com

Login: flywheel
password: bizarre-rail

I’ve looked at the selectors etc. for the home page and fiddled with the CSS but just can’t get it quite right.

Also: how do I keep the headers as full width on all pages, even the boxed ones?

Of course, the best solution would be to set the content background to photo and use fixed width rows. Any chance this is coming at any point?

Also: please check the background image on all the pages. You’ll notice that the scale of the image gets smaller as you move through the pages. Thoughts?

thanks!
Chris

Hey Chris,

To get your homepage full-width use this CSS…

.home .fl-page {
    width: auto;
}
Also: how do I keep the headers as full width on all pages, even the boxed ones?

That would require quite a bit more CSS tweaking. Essentially, you would use the same CSS as above (minus the .home) to reset the page width. After doing that, you will need to set the width/margins on the fl-page-content div for all pages except the homepage.

Of course, the best solution would be to set the content background to photo and use fixed width rows. Any chance this is coming at any point?

We don’t have any plans to in the near future but you could do that with some CSS as well. That might be a little more work than it’s worth though. With that you would need to set a background on each row.

Also: please check the background image on all the pages. You’ll notice that the scale of the image gets smaller as you move through the pages. Thoughts?

That’s because you have the background scale set to fill, so it has to resize the image to fill the page from top to bottom. Try setting the background attachment to fixed.

Let me know if there is anything else!

Justin