Callout link

Hi Team

I am building a new site locally and the callout module with an image is not doing what I expect it to. It may, however, be doing what it is intended to and even though I don’t think so I’m prepared to accept I am in the wrong! It may also be a Wordpress issue, but I can’t duplicate it on other sites.

I am running BB plugin version 1.6.4.2 with BB theme 1.3.2, so I think I am current with both. The BB plugin is the only one installed. It may be this is a theme issue rather than a plugin issue, assuming it is an issue at all, but I figured I’d post it here and you can move it if it’s theme related.

Here’s what’s happening. Any callout that has an image that happens to have the same name as the page I wish to link to opens up an on-the-fly generated page with the image on rather than the page itself. The image name is shown as a heading (without the filename suffix) and the image description (from the media library) as text below it. So if I link to, say “/fred/”, and I have an image on the callout named “fred.png” I don’t get the /fred/ I created with some other content on it, I get the image page instead. I get that also if I go to that page directly rather than through the callout link.

I would very much prefer not to have to change all of my image names or page names as they add (even if only a little) to my SEO, although I can get around it that way.

So … is this a feature I just need to accept, is there a setting I’ve been unable to find that changes this behaviour or is this something you’re delighted I have brought to your attention and you’ll fix it soon? :wink:

Thanks,
Alan

Hey Alan,

I tried recreating this on my local dev but I can’t seem to. Here’s what I did, on my Callout module, I used an image with the filename girl.jpg, and placed a link under the CTA tab to /girl. I then proceeded to create a new page with girl as the title, which I can access through /girl. Visited the page with my Callout module, clicked on the image and it goes directly to the /girl page. I clicked the link on the title and same thing. It’s possible there’s an issue with the local dev tool you’re using.

Ben

Hmmm. Thanks for this, Ben. So I investigated, checked what I have set up differently this time and discovered something I didn’t know. Every other site I have ever created I have set uploads to be added organized into month and year-based folders. For the first time, I have set this up with that settings box unchecked, which puts all uploaded images into the main “wp-content/uploads” folder. Any images in that folder have their own direct “attachment” web page with its name as per the main part of the file name and it seems that takes precedence over any “real” page. So … I can either move the images to a sub-folder or rename them to something harmless but less SEO-friendly. I’ll move them.

Nothing to do with BB then. Sorry for bothering you but thanks for the input. Without that, I wouldn’t have investigated.

Cheers,
Alan

Hey Alan,

No worries at all! I had a feeling that was the case but wasn’t entirely sure until I read your reply regarding attachment pages. :slight_smile: Anyway, enjoy! :slight_smile:

Ben