Can BB Be NETWORK ACTIVATED?

Hi:

Can BB Be network activated on a multi-site install? I am asking because I am getting weird behavior where it works fine on one site but then does not work on another at all.

Thanks.

Hey Nigel,

Yes, that should be possible with our Pro and Agency versions. Could you describe what the problem is? We can take a look if necessary.

Ben

I have narrowed the problem down a bit more. It looks like BB doesn’t play well if a top level domain is mapped to the sub-site. When a top level domain is mapped to a subsite, BB works on some sites and not on others and there’s no rhyme or reason why it’s not working. On the sites that its not working on its reproducible- add the mapped domain, can’t edit pages with BB; remove the mapped domain and the ability to use BB comes back. If you’d like to see this on a site let me know.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Nigel

One more note - I turned on the debug logging in wordpress to see if there are any errors when I activate pagebuilder. Here is what the debug.log file says (its the only line in it)

[18-Aug-2015 01:02:08 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: pagenow in C:\mypath01\mypath02\wordpress\wp-includes\link-template.php on line 2695

I am not sure if this is relevant but figured i’d post it (note that “mypath01” and “mypath02” are names I substituted in place of the real pathnames before posting since this is a public forum.

Thanks.

Hey Nigel,

Go ahead and send over WP and FTP access so we can check. :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi Ben:

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I wanted to make sure that I was right about the domain mapping issue. It wasn’t that. I found situations where even though I didn’t have a domain mapped, BB just didn’t work. I could click the builder button but none of the builder options would show up on the resulting page.

So then I started deactivating plugins. When I got to the very last plugin and deactivated that everything worked. I wondered if it was coincidence that I happened to leave the conflicting plugin as the last one to deactivate. So, I started all over again and changed the order in which I deactivated plugins so that the last plugin was a different one. Same result - as soon as that different last plugin was deactivated BB worked. So I did it a third time, different last plugin - same result. The only time BB works is if ALL Plugins are deactivated. Sometimes it allows you to add one back before flaking out and sometimes it allows you to add a few back before flaking out again. I can’t believe that ALL Plugins are incompatible with BB so I believe that this is just another symptom of the underlying issue.

When it does work, I run into a couple of different issues. I can add rows and modules but I have to refresh the page in order to see them and work with them. If I use the duplicate button you can’t see the duplicated module until you refresh the page.

If I add widgets, the first tab of the widget configuration screen (the most important one of course) is blank.

So, overall, I think I am running into some sort of esoteric bug but I have no idea how to track it down.

Please let me know how to send you the credentials in an encrypted manner - if you give me an email address I can send you a Virtue encrypted email.

Thanks!

Hey Nigel,

You can post details on a private reply here. If you’re not comfortable with that, go ahead and send it over to themes [at] fastlinemedia [dot] com. May we also know if this site is live? We may need to swap out themes, install/activate/deactivate plugins and such.

Ben

Hi Ben:

I just sent you the credentials at the address above in an encrypted email - it will come with instructions for decrypting it.

The site is quasi-live in that there is a ton of content and styling and stuff on there that we would not want to lose. So a heads up before you log in would be great - this way we can take a full backup before you start.

Thanks so much!

Sincerely,

Nigel

Hey Nigel,

I would just like to take a look at the problem in action. Would it be fine if I create a new test page and play with it? If so, on what site can I do that(since it’s a multisite).

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Nigel,

I’m getting a 404 error on one of the assets of the Page Builder so it’s most likely a write permissions issue. I’ll post on a separate private reply a screenshot so you can see what file that is and maybe you can check if we have write permissions to its directory?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hey Nigel,

I wasn’t trying to upload something. That’s the error I got from just using BB. It’s quite possible we don’t have write access to that specific directory. Same problem with the thread below.
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/support/q/beaver-builder-page-builder-stops-functioning-after-adding-a-page-element/#post-23026

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Nigel,

You’ll have to open the developer tools to see the error. I’m using Chrome, I just hit F12 and go to the Console tab. You should be able to see it immediately after firing up the Page builder. :slight_smile:

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Nigel,

You don’t have to. I just thought you wanted to know where I found it based on your previous reply. If you need further help, we may already need FTP access so the guys can dig in further. Just let us know. :slight_smile:

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Nigel,

This is actually caused by an issue we have with 1.6.2(only verified it when you lifted the permissions issue). We’ve already fixed it but the update won’t be released until sometime next week. I’ve already applied a patch to your plugin though so take a look and see if you get any more problems.

Ben