Can only make one change before modules cannot be edited?

Hi,

I am having an issue with a site where I can only edit one module and then nothing after that i.e. I can’t open that module again, or any other module or column settings etc I have to publish the changes, then open the page builder again, making one change each time.

I have disabled all other plugins and tried the twentyfifteen theme and it still happens?

I can send login details if you can let me know who to send them to.

Many thanks.

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hey Graham,

Sorry to hear about the problem. I went in to the site and created a test page and everything seems fine. I can add modules as well as edit existing ones without publishing the site. Is there a specific page this is happening?

Ben

Hey Ben,

Thanks for taking a look and sorry to have wasted your time. I hadn’t checked another page; the issue I am having is with the home page.

Many thanks,
Graahm

Hey Ben,

This page started fine and then after adding a couple of modules, the issue appeared…

http://halogen.hobartwebdesigns.com.au/buying-your-dream-home/

Many thanks.

Hey Graham,

I noticed the problem only occurs when you have that piece of script holding the form inside an HTML module. It doesn’t happen to other pages since the form is in a sidebar. It is specifically the last bit of JS code that is causing the error. Take a look at this page http://halogen.hobartwebdesigns.com.au/buying-your-dream-home-2/?fl_builder it’s a duplicate of the page above without that piece of code and it works just fine. You should be able to experience the same issue if you add the same code again.

Hope this helps!

Ben

Hey Ben,

Great pickup! I did try and see if there were any js errors using the Google web developer tools but it looked OK. I don’t know how you managed to find the issue but well done.

It is a shame though as I use Mailchimp on most client sites…

Many thanks,
Graham

Hey Graham,

No worries! Have you tried our Subscribe Form Module? It has MailChimp service integrated to it. I suggest you give that a shot! Or might you have any reason for not using it?

Ben

I will give it a whirl - as that will fix the issue, I would be more than happy to use it ongoing…

Many thanks Ben.

Anytime, Graham! Let us know if you need anything further. Enjoy The Beaver! :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi Ben,

Just thought i would post a follow up; the subscribe module is good but if I need to add an additional field to the form I can’t… That’s the only downside and it may not be a problem for most people as name and email is usually enough.

Cheers,
Graham

Hey Graham,

Yes, usually name and email is enough. You can head over to our User Voice Forums though to either add that in as a Feature Request or vote for it if it’s already in(since I think this was already tackled before). :slight_smile:

Ben