Cannot get plugin to work / Nextgen issue

Hi Fathi,

This problem could be caused by a number of things and is most likely not a Beaver Builder problem. Another installed plugin conflicting with Beaver Builder for example. Or it could be a permissions problem on your hosting account.

Please try the following:

Disable all of your plugins except Beaver Builder. If Beaver Builder works, start reactivating your plugins one at a time and test Beaver Builder each time.

If Beaver Builder stops working after reactivating a plugin, then it will be the last plugin that you turned on causing the problem.

If this doesn’t work, you should create a brand new post so that the Beaver Builder support team can help you. I guarantee they will solve your problem.

Just so you know, you’ve added to an older post that was created by somebody else, so they might not notice it. I’m also not part of Beaver Builder - I was just trying to help you out.

Hang in there! Beaver Builder will be working before you know it:)

EDIT: Fathi - Justin will help you if you privately reply to his post with your login info for your WordPress site.

[Content Hidden]

Hi Rachel,

Sorry to hear you are still having these issues. Would you mind sending over temporary FTP access so I can do some testing on that end this week? If the WordPress login changed, send that over too. I’ll do my best to finally get this sorted for you!

Justin

[Content Hidden]

Hi Rachel,

It’s a lot easier for us to diagnose these issues if we can do some testing in the code on the server. We work on servers all day long for our agency clients as well as Beaver Builder customers, so your site is safe with us. No worries if you don’t feel comfortable with that, I can make do with what’s provided in wp-admin.

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Rachel,

Are you only having this issue with pages that use NextGen? Or is this happening on other pages as well?

Thanks!
Justin

Hi Justin,

I have two pages that I am using the PageBuilder on and right now only the page with Nextgen seems to have the issues I described. Thanks!

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hi Rachael,

Thanks for the detailed follow up!

I started by making changes to the top section by creating a new row with two columns. One text and one photo. I then clicked Done and Save Draft and then was taken to the live page?. None of my changes were there.

The “Save Draft” button doesn’t publish any changes to the live page, it just saves them so they are available the next time you enter the editor. That is why you aren’t seeing any changes here. To see changes on the live page you need to click the “Publish Changes” button.

When I went back the second time to try, it seems that some of my work had been saved (the text itself, but not the placement). When I clicked into the Text Editor Settings box I could see the new text I entered, but when I clicked cancel on that dialog box, it went back to the preview of the old text that you entered.

This sounds like the real issue. I’ll do some more testing based on this and hopefully get to the bottom of it for you. My apologies that this is taking so long to figure out. It’s a tricky one!

Justin

Hi Rachael,

Thanks again for the detailed follow up. I am now able to recreate the issue which is really helpful in figuring out a solution. I don’t believe it’s a NextGen conflict but it does look like it could be a conflict with another plugin.

Unfortunately, there aren’t any signs as to what the issue could be by using the browser’s dev tools, so it would be really helpful if I could get FTP access to dig a little deeper. Feel free to get in touch with me directly at justin [at] fastlinemedia [dot] com and we can discuss there.

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Rachael,

Good news! I believe I have found the source of the issue as well as a solution.

It looks like the WP Super Cache plugin is caching the builder’s data, that’s why you’re seeing some weirdness with old content showing and new content not showing.

I’ve enabled the setting "Don’t cache pages for known users. (Recommended)” which will keep it from caching builder data while you’re working with it.

Give it a shot and let me know if you run into any issues.

Justin

[Content Hidden]

Hey Rachael,

Thanks for the detailed follow up. I’ll get in there and have a look today.

Justin

Hi Rachael,

I wasn’t able to recreate this issue but I did notice that Beaver Builder needed to be updated. You were on version 1.4.3, we just released 1.5.1 last night. Can you give it another shot and see if the update fixes your issue?

Thanks,
Justin

Yes, I will update and check. Also, I have the “notify me of follow-up replies via email” checked, but I did not receive either of your updates. What browser do you recommend? I am always using Chrome. Thanks!

Hey Rachel,

Great! Regarding the emails, can you check your spam folder?

Justin

[Content Hidden]

Thanks, Rachel. The screencast is really helpful. I’ll jump back in there and see if I can get this figured out.

Justin

Hey Rachel,

I tested the exact steps you took and am not getting the issue. Can you tell me what browser/OS you are using? Also, can you send me the text you are pasting in?

Thanks,
Justin