Can't control my video embeds anymore?

Hey Guys,

I recently deactivated and reactive the beaver plugin and when it came back I lost the ability to control my video embeds.

Example: http://www.indiefilmhustle.com/start-here/

They are all on a default left and I can’t control the sizing or centering. Please help. Thx.
Alex

Hey Alex,

I’m not quite sure I understand the question or how it relates to BB. I don’t see how BB would affect that depending on how you inserted those videos. Have you had a look at the embeds to see if anything is awry?

Best,
Billy

I inserted it using BB. It was fine but now is off and uncontrollable.

Ok, can I have you go ahead and send on over temp admin access via private reply so I can take a look?

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Alex,

Can you please make my account admin level?

Best,
Billy

Done

Hey Alex,

I noticed you are on a pretty dated version of the page builder (1.5.7). We’ve fixed a number of video related bugs since then so I am wondering if that is what may be causing this for you. You could give the latest version a shot. Let me know how that goes.

Best,
Billy

No problem. Where can I get the update?

Well, typically in your updates dashboard, but for some reason none of your plugin updates are coming through which is a bit bizarre. I suppose you’ll have to download the latest version from your account on our site.

Best,
Billy

OK, anything I should know about how to update it since it’s not the standard update?

I’m actually somewhat curious now about why our updates aren’t reaching your dashboard. Can you real quickly go to your account page on our site and copy/paste your license key for me via private reply?

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

Man, this is bizarre. I wonder if there is another plugin or setting configured that isn’t allowing our updates to come through. To confirm, have you been getting other plugin updates in your dashboard?

Best,
Billy

Would you mind sending along FTP access so we can look into this further?

[Content Hidden]

Hey Alex,

FTP allows us to access your server where all of the WordPress files, etc. reside. Typically you would get this from your hosting provider. Give them a shout and ask if they can set you up with an FTP account that we can use to try to diagnose the issue. The only other suggestion would be to start disabling plugins to see if one is conflicting with BB updates in your site. That may be easier, but I’m not sure what you need active since the site is live.

Alternatively, you can just download the latest plugin zip from your account on our site, deactivate the previous version in your dashboard, upload and activate the latest and input your license key again to see if the latest solves the original issue.

Best,
Billy

Hey Billy,

Updated the plugin but no go. It’s weird. I’m able to set it up and it looks great in page builder then when I publish it goes back to the same messed up version. Weird. Any ideas?

Hey Alex! Billy had to step out to an appointment. We’re still trying to figure out why you’re not getting update notifications. If you can get us FTP access, we’ll be happy to look into that in more detail. Also, where is this website hosted?

Regarding the video issue, it looks like you’re using video URLs and not the embed code in the video module. If you generate an embed code, you’ll have a lot more control over how the video is rendered.

When you’re on a YouTube video that you’d like to embed, look for the Share button on the bottom of the video. If you click Share, then click Embed, that’s the code you’ll want to copy/paste into the video module. Furthermore, there is a Show More link that will open a bunch of options including one to set a custom size!

I used 882 pixels for the video width and the “How to Make Robert Rodriguez’s Guacamole Gun” video seems to be rendering correctly now.

Long story short, you’ll need to use and customize the embed code to change the appearance of the video.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Thx u!!