Can't get menu link colors the same

Hi,

I am having an issue I hope that you guys can help with.

I have used Genesis Dambuster to turn off the WP Header, and added my own row with a logo and a menu (menu module)

Using the settings in the Menu Module, the link color I set applies to the menu items that have a drop down list, but not to the ones that are static, as in no sub menu.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks! (oh, also using Dynamik)

Hugh

Hey Hugh,

It may be possible that Dynamik’s styling is overriding ours. Do you mind sharing the URL of the site you are working on?

Ben

Hi Ben,

thanks for the response.

Interesting, clearing the cache in Firefox didn’t help. I opened the site in Chrome, and at first it seemed to be ok. But then when I clicked my Blog link, the color changed, and it stuck even when accessing other pages. It’s a little weird. :slight_smile:

The site is: https://ventureweddingphotography.com/ Not all pages are “beavered” yet, but most under the Weddings link are. (maybe that’s a new word for you - “beavered”)

Thanks.

Hugh

Hey Hugh,

What color should the menu items be? Also, what color is being shown on your end? The screenshot below is what I see from my end on both Chrome and FF on Win7. Do you also mind sharing what platform you are on?
http://imgur.com/rxu4ieE

Ben

Hi,

the color is black, with the hover color as red. Here are some screen grabs. The first two are Firefox. The third is Chrome. It shows the black and red, but also purple. That purple color is sticking to the Blog & Contact links - interestingly, these are the only two links that do not have a drop down sub menu.

Hugh

Firefox 1

Firefox 2

Chrome

I’m on a Mac. :slight_smile:

Hey Ben,

looking into Dynamic, the purple color seems to be getting pulled across from it’s settings. I just can’t figure out why it impacts the BB menu settings, and especially why it only effects certain elements.

Hugh

dynamik

Hey Hugh,

Yep, it’s because of the platform. Some CSS properties/functions behave differently on different platforms. I’ve already submitted a bug report for this though. Thanks for the heads up! :slight_smile:

Ben

ok, thanks.

Hey Hugh,

Would you mind shooting us a copy of Dynamik to test this to themes [at] fastlinemedia [dot] com? Thanks!

Justin

Done. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Hugh! Just fixed the issue. It will be available in the maintenance release next week.

Justin