Can't get rid of Blog post Side Bar

I just cant get rid of the dam sidebar on my blog posts. I noticed that Beaver Builder support prev gave an answer to this problem by saying. " go to the customizer > content > blog layout > sidebar position and select no sidebar" Well I have no idea were I need to go to find , “Customizer” .Is it the “Theme” customizer you are talking about, if it is, it has no “Content” option. So I am still stuck. Can you guys be a bit more specific when you give instructions, we are not all Tech wizards.

Every theme is different and there are 10s of 1000s of WP themes, we do not know which one you are using.

I was unable to find where you had asked the question before in case you had provided a link to your site there.

So, if you provide a link we might be able to tell you how, but as I said every theme is different and its most likely the theme that is rendering your sidebar on the blog posts, so maybe your theme provides a setting somewhere.

Hi Simon
Thanks for getting back to me, I am just about going nuts to sorts this out. Been trying to look at support threads but they all seem to have different options to what I have.
Anyway, my site https://rotaryclubofglenelg.com/ and the Theme I am using is Alexandria. I have deleted all our Blog posts because they present so badly with a side bar.

Thank you inadvance for assisting us

Kerry Erasmus

That theme has no option to hide the sidebar, you will need to either edit the theme files manually, removing the code in sidebar.php then making the posts element 100% to fill the gap, or contact the theme author for support, or find a theme that gives you control over the sidebar.

Hi Simon, Much better off with one of the themes that 99% of people use - BB’s own, GeneratePress or Astra.

1 Like