Changing and create new core templates

Hello again,
I read the blog post and forum creating and changing core templates but its still very confusing to me how to create, edit or override your core templates so I can make my own targeted to my niche without the current core templates. Do you have a detailed tutorial on this by chance or show me how to do it?

Thanks again for everything guys!

Hey Jason,

It’s really simple, just follow these steps.

1. Create a subsite, e.g., templates.mysite.com, and import/build all of your layout templates there
  2. On the network admin, under Settings > Page Builder > Templates, you will be able to choose a site via site ID whose templates will override all of the other templates(including core ones) in the network
http://imgur.com/CbB1wky Regarding number 1, you don't really have to create a subsite just for the templates. If you already have a subsite which has templates you want on other subsites, you can just set that as the overriding subsite.

Hope this makes sense!

Ben

Oh I understand what you are saying now. And how would I create screenshots that they would see when they pull up the different templates?

Hey Jason,

You can use the Templates menu on the WP Admin to edit a template. Since this is a CPT, you can place a Featured Image. That image will be used as the screenshot for the template. You need to edit the template on the overriding subsite.

Ben