Cloned a site, had no problems, but today Beaver Builder seems to not register the CSS so page layouts don’t display properly and changes don’t register. For example, columns are stacked and buttons will either display as just text or color changes won’t take effect.
I’ve cloned sites in the past with no issues so I’m stumped on this one. Messed around with cache, but I’m lost and frustrated. Hopefully you see something I don’t.
Admin details to follow.
I’ll point out that I followed these instructions as well with no success: http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/knowledge-base/migrating-a-site-to-another-domain/
I feel like there’s something else I’m missing because every Beaver Builder site I’ve migrated (over a dozen), worked flawlessly.
Did you get this sorted out? I’m not sure what the page is supposed to look like, so it’s hard to say, but there appears to be a working layout. Let me know!
No, unfortunately not. I’ve been at it for a few hours now and still not sure what’s up. None of the changes I make show up. For example, if you go into the page builder and try to edit a button color, it won’t update. Editing a row or column’s Padding, Margins, etc. don’t take affect. Seems CSS related, but not sure how to fix.
Thanks for the info. I’ll jump in there now and give it a shot.
It looks like you’re in there now. Let me know if I can take over.
I’ve logged out now. If it says I’m in there, take over.
Thanks, checking it out now.
It looks like something is choking up the live preview refresh, specifically when the CSS/JS is being rendered on the server. Would it be possible to get FTP access to check that out?
This issue really is a doozie. The problem appears to reside with the core wp_upload_dir function which is supposed to return the correct paths to the upload directory. In this case it’s not and I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that this is a subdirectory install.
Unfortunately, it’s not just affect BB, I can’t even successfully upload an image to the media library in the admin. It appears to upload, but you’ll notice that the image link is broken.
Edit: It looks like your path under Settings > Media > Store uploads in this folder is incorrect. I’ve fixed that and it appears to be working again.
Let me know if you run into anything else.
Brilliant. Nice find there. This is why I don’t let clients host their own sites grrrr. So you gave me an idea to check permalinks so I changed them in combo with whatever you did and now everything seems to be working. You’re the best!!!
Glad to hear it’s sorted! I would have never thought to look there, so this should be easier to figure out the next time it comes up for someone