Conditional Logic Processing Option - Client/Server Side

Hello,

At times it would be helpful to define where the conditional logic processing takes place due to caching. I believe themer defaults to server side processing (PHP) which is good, because you should “never trust the client.” But at times, there isn’t a trust issue with the data being displayed, it is just “the text should be different depending on the role.” Because the conditional logic is based on a server side execution, the user must add that page as an exclusion in their caching page (Or generate separate caches per user/role).

It would be really nice to have an option to define where the processing takes place. The server would be the default option, but there should also be a client option which would result in CSS/JS being added (Whatever is appropriate) that would hide the module based on the established condition. Then the page could cached as normal, and the users would see what they need to see.

I just thought of this, so I wanted to throw it out there for consideration before I forgot. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Jake

Most good cache plugins have an option to disable for logged in users.

Agreed, but if this option was available, the page could be cached. The processing would just be placed on the client.

I don’t see this as a high priority, just an idea. :slight_smile:

Well its the age old balance of trying to make a site dynamic for your users vs hosting it on a toaster and caching the c**p out of it to save money :wink:

Lol, yes. I think this is a cool idea though. Like I said, not a high priority. I know you guys are working on much more useful features. Thanks for the feedback!