Content Slider Slide Link not working - how to add Lightbox to the Link

Hi Ben,

ok that did the trick thank you very much for your patience. I have also installed Chromium because the CSS Path Funtion seems a lot better than the one Firefox Dev Tools provide.

However I still have a question re. using the most efficient selectors.

When it comes to using the same module various times on one page, I can obviously set the same class on each module to target the modules and their elements. However, as BB creates a unique node id such as fl-node-55d18e14f4171 for each node, I cannot get the selector to be specific enough by using the custom class set for the module plus the various other classes to target for example an img within some nested divs, as the default selector with the unique node id is more specific and overrides it. So what’s the best way to go about this? Do I really have to create various long selector chains using all of the modules node id’s, separated by commas, to target each module on the page with the same CSS rules or is there a more efficient way of doing this that I’m not seeing at the moment?

I hope I could explain myself clearly enough and look forward to your answer.

Thanks!

Hey Paul,

No worries! Those unique node-ids are there for the Page Builder to separate each row/column/module. The way it works is if you assign a padding to a specific row using the BB settings, the Page Builder uses that row’s unique node-id as a selector to apply the padding so it is specific to that row only. If you notice, all node-id classes come with other general classes, e.g., fl-module, fl-col, fl-row. I’d suggest using those as selectors instead. :slight_smile:

Hope this makes sense.

Ben

Hi Ben,

thanks for the explanation. Helps me to get my head around BB!

What would be really cool is, if there would be some documentation on the logic behind the naming of the nested divs and classes, like some charts or diagrams. For example like the ones Genesis provide for the location of the action hooks in the framework. Would make it easier to visualise the structure! Just an idea.

All the best