Content Width not taking effect

I’ve set the content width in General -> Settings to 980px, but the rows are still displaying at 1100px. I’ve tried clearing all caches and searched the settings and forum but can’t seem to resolve the issue. The URL is http://heartofpeace.beyostudio.com/.

Is there another place to set the row max width? Or a better question to ask?

Thanks!

I’m using the BB Theme & Plugin and trying to set the content width to 1240px with the theme customizer in General > Layout > Content Width.
That width setting is applied to the header and footer, while the fixed width content areas are unaffected.

To effectivelly change the Content Width I’ve added the following CSS rule to the child theme styles.
.fl-row-fixed-width { max-width: 1240px; }

The content width setting changing the header & footer width seems weird, it should be labeled for what it does, and a real content width setting would be appropriate and appreciated, as that’s an important and very general sitewide setting.

Regards

Hey Andrea,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

You should be able to just adjust the width of the rows via Tools > Global Settings > Max Width. Give that a shot and let us know how it goes!

Alessandro,

Thanks for jumping in! We really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Ben

Thanks to both of you! I have to agree with Alessandro - content width seems like a misnomer. A note in General > Layout > Content Width to look in the plugins Global Settings (only found in a single page, not the Page Builder settings) would be helpful.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

No worries at all, Andrea! Glad we could help. :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

Ben