Content width...

Hi there
Setting up a new site I’d like to adjust the width of the “Fixed width”. Here
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/knowledge-base/global-settings/
it is said that both this and other settings for the BB can be set. But - there is no such option panel.
Is this “Global settings” advice outdated? Is there some other way to set the fixed width? (Is this possibly connected to the Bridge theme I use, with which we’ve had some issues previously?)
Thanks,
Kjetil
Used BB 164b - now back on 1632

[Content Hidden]

Hi Kjetil,

No, the global settings are outdated, you may just need some CSS for your particular theme. I can take a look, but the credentials you provided aren’t working for me. Can you check and resend?

Best,
Billy

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hey Kjetil,

It looks like the content is fixed because the row content setting is set to fixed in the actual row settings. I adjusted that for you on the page as you can see. There is also a default setting in the global settings that sets what rows should be by default. I also set that to full width for both the row and content so you should be good to go.

Best,
Billy

Thanks for trying - and sorry for not being more precise:
We’d like the top image row to be full-width but the text content with the big image to be “fixed-width”, just a bit more narrow. I guess this must be done with css.
The global settings you refer to is…?
Kj

No, you don’t need custom CSS, you just need to set the row content width to fixed in that case for the row beneath the image row. The image row can be on it’s own and be full width, but set the row that contains the content to be full width, but the content width to be fixed. While in the editing interface, click the tools button in the top right > global settings and you can see where you can adjust the defaults as well. Hope that helps!

Great - that’s it, Billy!
Must admit I wasn’t aware of the Tools > Global settings
Setting the “max width” there to for instance 950 makes the fixed width just that…
Thanks,
Kj

Awesome, glad I could help and enjoy!