Custom Navigation and Logo

Hey BB,

First time user of your plugin, looking to completely override the BB nav bar at the top so we can use ACF to allow our client to select a custom navigation menu on a per page basis.

Is there some sort of hook to do this, we have come up with a few ideas, but we don’t really want to edit the main theme files so we can update the theme in the future.

On a similar note, our client also requires several logos. Is there a way clean way to do this and override the settings menu from the child theme to disable logo uploads (again, we plan to use ACF to do the custom image uploading per page).

All the best,
Peter

• We are using the official BB theme and Child theme on our installation. Running the latest WP version.

Hi Peter,

We include several hooks in the header.php file that you can tap into, but if you’re looking to completely override the default, you’ll probably need to do a bit more.

As long as you use the child theme, you shouldn’t have any trouble updating in the future. You’ll want to copy the header.php file from the parent theme to the child. Then, you can jump in and start hacking it up.

You’ll notice that most of the markup for the header is generated by the FLTheme class. You can reference that class and use the exact same markup, you just need to remove the function call that otherwise would generate it. From there, you should be able to implement ACF or any other custom pieces that you need.

Regarding your question about disabling the logo uploader, currently there is no way to do this. You might be able to do it in a “hacky” way with CSS. You’ll likely need to let your client know not to use the logo uploader in the theme settings. You could always use our logo uploader as the default, then over-ride that logo if a new one is uploaded via ACF.

Let me know if this makes sense or if there is anything I can elaborate on. Thanks!

[Content Hidden]

Peter, can you elaborate a bit on how those options aren’t doing what you need? The theme is based on Bootstrap, so the .container class is where the width is being set. I would experiment with setting the width on that class. I can help more if you can let me know more details about the problem.