Custom sections

We are working on moving a site over to BB and all pages have a few custom meta boxes. We would like to eliminate the need to go to the backend editor to update these fields, so I’m thinking we could create a module “Page Settings” that when clicked (instead of dragged) fires the settings lightbox and shows the fields. Since BB doesn’t have the option to save fields as post meta (which you should totally upvote https://wpbeaverbuilder.uservoice.com/forums/270594-general/suggestions/6977354-custom-post-meta ) the next best thing would be to store the data in _fl_builder_data.

Before we start on this adventure, is there anything that would stop us from being able to do this?

Hey Tim,

Creating a custom module for that sounds like a great solution! I can’t think of any reason off the top of my head why this wouldn’t work. Let me know how that goes!

Justin

Just noticed this is in the wrong forum, sorry about that.

This appears to be a bit more complex than I thought – since the module doesn’t get dropped on the page and _showModuleSettings uses a nodeID, I’d have to come up with some savvy way to make it work, and I’m not so great with JS haha. Not a huge deal as I’ve reduced the page meta-boxes to just a featured image.

Are there plans to allow devs to add buttons to .fl-builder-bar-actions? If I had that ability then I could just copy what you guys do for the global settings form and save as whatever post-meta I’d like :slight_smile:

I would suggest this in the feature requests but it looks like you guys are bombarded as-is and I don’t think it would appeal to the current user base. Also, will we ever get more votes?

No problem, I didn’t notice either :slight_smile:

Are there plans to allow devs to add buttons to .fl-builder-bar-actions?

No but you could add your own with a little JS. Something like…

$( '.fl-builder-templates-button' ).after('YOUR_BUTTON_HTML');

I would suggest this in the feature requests but it looks like you guys are bombarded as-is and I don’t think it would appeal to the current user base. Also, will we ever get more votes?

You are correct, it’s a bit crazy there right now! We’ll be going through that next week and marking ideas as either Planned, Under Review or Declined. If we decline or complete an idea that you voted on, you get those votes back.

Justin