Custom show post page ?

Im using the beta and got menus etc going but… When I click on a blogpost to show only that blogpost I get a different “default” page ?

So I made an empty page like it should look. Template = “no header/footer” and then in the customize theme/settings/static front page/posts page I selected my new page. Soooo… thats no better ?

I get the header, footer, right sidebar witih search, recent posts, archives and lots more :frowning:

Checked the page I made and now the template function is gone (so - cant select no header/footer) and… It all looks bad :frowning:

Where do I go wrong?

//Johan

Hey Johan,

You can’t select a template for Posts if that’s what you mean. The template is only for Pages. Also, if you assign a Posts page, you won’t have control over the layout of that page anymore since WP takes over. I would suggest creating a new page and using our Posts module to output your Posts. That way you have more control.

Ben

Hey!

Thats how I do it!
I display all my posts in a posts “controller”. I have removed “more link” - but still when I click the header text of the post thats a link and this other page will show up ? Can I disable that somewhere else ?

Also - seems like in the end of the posts content is a large space ? I have my testpost and then equal much space that is empty. Cant remove that space ? Same for my other page with different posts. First I thought that was because I sort out posts in a category. But that is not the case. How can I remove that trailing space ?

//Johan

Hey Johan,

The main reason we have our Posts module is to have all the posts, with excerpts, listed on a page. This serves as a teaser for the viewers so if they find something interesting based on the image, title or excerpt, they can click on the image/title/read more link to read the entire post so we didn’t place any options to disable the link. You may be able to do it via custom JS.

I haven’t really experienced the trailing space issue that you’re having. Do you mind sharing the URL of the site so we can check?

Ben

Yes you can have the URL - but I dont want to post it out in a forum. PM function or something like that ?

I dont really understand what you mean with the post module. I list all posts (10/page) with full text to get everything showing. But why would I like someone to be able to click on the header to “see the full” ? I dont get it ?

//Johan

Hey Johan,

You can use the private reply option below.

So you are using the Full Text instead of just an excerpt. That makes sense. I’ll have a talk with the guys regarding that one.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hi,

Just tested and its the same if I use “Full Text” or “Excerpt”. Seems to be the ending fl-builder-pagination class that makes this gap at the end :

.fl-builder-pagination {
padding: 40px 0px;
padding-top: 40px;
padding-right: 0px;
padding-bottom: 40px;
padding-left: 0px;
}

//Johan

Nah - its a bit more… But that seems to be one part of the problem. If I only look at the “fl-post-feed” class it adds some as well…

//Johan

Hey Johan,

That is indeed caused by the pagination. Since you don’t have any yet, you might want to set that to none. There should be bottom padding and margin on the Post feed though, you’ll need that when you have a lot of feeds already.

Ben

Also, you can use this jQuery to disable the links on the Post Feed. Since you are using the BB theme, you can place this under Theme Customizer > Code > JavaScript Code.

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
  jQuery( ".fl-post-feed a" ).click(function( event ) {
    event.preventDefault();
  });
});

Ben

Hi,

Yes - pagination removed some of it, but its still HUGE amount of space below it… Some of it is the bottom margin and padding in the fl-post-feed-post class. Im guessing that the 20 margin in fl-module-content is the default that I can set in the GUI.

Im thinking fl-node-content if there is some padding there ? Its padding, no margin.

And the jQuery code dont work - I can still click the header… I will investigate later!

//Johan

Fixed the code:

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
  jQuery( ".fl-post-feed-title a" ).removeAttr("href");
});

a in fl-post-feed-title instead works. Also removed the href in all so I dont get cursor etc from it…

//Johan

Hey Johan,

That padding and margin is there for when you have a lot of Posts. Right now, since you only have one, it may look odd but when you have 2 or more, you’ll need spacing between the posts. You also have the default margin of 20px on the module. You might want to remove that.

The code was not meant to remove the link, simply make it void. But yours is a better choice! :slight_smile: If you’re going to enable the featured image, you may want to use .fl-post-feed a instead.

Ben