Customizer Colors Section

Just noticing there’s a colors section in the customizer with nothing it. I was curious what your plans were for that? and if I added stuff to there would it get interfered with at some point in time?

thanks!

• Bill

Hey Bill,

I’m not sure I’m following you on this one. Which colors section are you referring to?

Best,
Billy

Hey Bill,

Just wanted to chime in here. WP includes a few built-in sections inside the customizer and one of those is the Colors section. We’re actually hiding it via CSS since it’s we don’t use it at all. I’ll check if there is a proper way to remove it completely. :slight_smile:

Ben

Oh ok that makes sense! thanks guys! …One more question, is there any way to turn off the hide and show for customizer options based on header layout?

for example, I’d still like access to nav background color on the nav right header layout option?

Looks like it’s all handled through javascript, could we potentially stop that script?

Hey Bill,

No worries! That’s not possible. The reason it’s being hidden is because it doesn’t apply to that specific layout. For your case, you can’t set a nav background color to a Nav Right layout. :slight_smile:

Ben