Disabling Beaver Builder fancybox?

Hi there,

I would like to disable the default Beaver Builder fancybox in favor of Easy Fancybox plugin to work (alone). While Easy Fancybox is enabled, I have double image opening upon a click (BB FB above the E FB at the same time).

Is there a simple way (few php lines is not the problem) I can disable the BB Fancybox.

Thank you, Marin

Hi Marin,

Thanks for getting in touch! You can actually disable our lightbox in our theme settings as well as on a module basis that uses a lightbox. It sounds like you just need to disable it in the module settings per your message above. Let me know if that works for you or if you have any trouble finding that setting in whichever module you are using.

Best,
Billy

Hi Billy,

I’m using BB within Headway framework and beside a few small hickups it works fine. However, I have no Your theme to be able to disable the fancybox within those settings. I use only BB plugin.
Now the modules, I see no separate Fancybox module checkbox to turn it off so is there some hack I can apply?

Thank you, Marin.

Hi Marin,

Which modules specifically? If the gallery module, just make sure to turn off the lightbox using the ‘Click Action’ setting.

Best,
Billy

Hi Billy,

I’m using gallery module. After selecting “None” for the “Click action” it turns off image links within your Gallery module completely so no alternative Fancybox can “jump in” to show the image in full size. So what I was hoping for is, leave the “Click action” setting to “Lightbox” and have an option to disable the BB fancybox from loading separately.

Thank you.

Hey Plavi,

Ok, thanks. Can you give the ‘Photo Link’ option a try? That should work, but if not, please let me know.

Best,
Billy

Hi Billy,

unfortunately the BB fancybox/lightbox still works even after I selected “Photo Link” option. So it doubles the image open again - same as the “Lightbox” is selected.

To get clear image about what’s going on here’s the link:
www.plavipixel.hr/portfolio

So the separate BB fancybox on/off switch within the BB plugin settings would be a great feature and not so hard to implement (I hope) in the near future. I’ll put that in the separate post under feature requests with few more Gallery module related things.

Thank you for your time and fast response, Marin.

Hi Plavi,

Sorry to hear! The good news is that we do have this on the theme roadmap - the ability to use a different lightbox. We should have that ready early 2015 along with a bunch of other theme enhancements. :slight_smile:

Best,
Billy