Export Pages?

In a temporary development server, I have created three pages using BB plugin and theme. I think I want to use them for a live site (I’m still deciding). Is there a way to export or save these pages, start up my actual live site, and import them there so I don’t have to redesign everything? I’m guessing there is and I’ve read some stuff on importing and exporting, but I want to make sure I’m doing it according to BB best practices.

Thanks for your help!

Hey Daniel,

Are you going to make these page layouts as templates? If so, you can save them as a template, export it then import it to the live site. More information about that in this KB article.

If you aren’t, you can export it just like any other page and import it to the live site provided the latter has BB installed and setup.

Hope this helps!

Ben

I needed to import the design I spent so much time tweaking. Saving and exporting the template seemed to do the trick.

Thanks!

Awesome! Enjoy The Beaver! :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi guys, sorry to jump on this super late. But I am exporting as pages and importing into another BB site and it doesn’t seem to work. The content comes in, but it’s as if I had switched from BB to basic visual text editor in WP. So in effect content comes in, but as plain text. Any ideas?

Hey David,

There seems to be an issue with the native WP importer. Can you try using the patched importer below instead and see if it works?
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/downloads/wordpress-importer-patched.zip

Ben