Fixed Width Template has been reduced in width.

BB appears to be reducing my fixed template width by around 10-15 characters in width, if you hover over the image slider, part of the text is not displayed, if i disable BB normal operations resume and the text is displayed fine. Please advise what can be done to resolve this. http://touchav.co.uk/wp/

Hey David,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

This seems to be caused by the styling you’ve applied here.

.mainSlider .mainSliderItems {
  height: 408px;
  width: 960px;
  position: relative;
}

This forces the width of the wrapper to be 960px instead of 880px making the content box move to the right. Removing the width on the styling above or setting it to auto should fix you right up!

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the quick reply, i have not set any styling, and would assume that this is on the style sheet and not accessible via WP interface so defiantly not changed anything there.

This was a pre made template (Revoke By Tesla) then installed BB to edit it by adding text fields etc, turning on and off BB is changing the template with but why i know not, have a look at the difference now i have turned BB off.

Im ok with dreamweaver & Html etc but not got to grips with Wordpress yet so apart from changing the simple thing that stand out and hit you in the face that’s about it for me hence why i invested in BB.

all the images in the slider with exception of the last one are loaded as part of default template.

Yesterday i did a full Wordpress rest, reinstalled the template, installed BB and soon as bb is activated to manage the page it appears to changes the width so yes 100% not change any styling, removing the BB text fields also has no effect so guessing must be something to do with how BB is interpreting the original style sheet?.

Hey David,

Thanks for the thorough explanation. I can see the problem now. Our rows/columns/modules have a default margin/padding of 20px. You’ll want to remove those under the Advanced tab. To change the default value, you can head over to Tools > Edit Global Settings when inside the page builder.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Sorted, i had seen the advanced tab / padding grayed out at 20pix but for some reason like a div never thought to change it.

Sorry spoke too soon, removing the padding has helped but not totally resolved the problem, the text tag is still miles off to the right, at a push an additional 4pix would suffice but still wont be the same as the original template layout. can i send you some more screen shots.

Hey David,

Your row still has the default 20px padding. Remove that and you should be good to go!

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey David,

Removed the padding on the row and that fixed it.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your patience, must be going blind. Can you send me a screen dump of ware & what you changed so i don’t miss it next time.

Hey David,

No worries! It’s the setting for the entire row. Check the screenshot below for reference.
http://imgur.com/d60iOcL

Ben