Gallery Setting

Hi!
I love the BB - I’ve just made my first site and love it. I am experiencing some issues with the Gallery module. The load time seems really long and the client is not thrilled with the delay. Sometimes is loads very quickly, other times it seems like a blank white space.
Yikes.
The images are optimized for web.
The site page is http://www.northcountrybuildersmt.com/portfolio/

Any help is appreciated! Thanks, jj

Hi Janis,

When I viewed your images, I noticed that you have i0.wp.com in the URL’s. This likely means you’re using Proton from JetPack. Is it possible for you to disable this option in JetPack and see if this has any impact, please.

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Danny,
I just did and did not notice any difference. I tried to make some of the images smaller but it seems to be the entire gallery module that is loading longer.

Hi Janis,

So I did some testing and the cause of your problem is the images file size. The Portfolio page has a size of over 7MB, this is really high. You’re going to need to reduce this if you want to have better performance.

The reason is it so high is that you have quite a lot of images which isn’t necessary a problem, but they’re all quite large. Most of them are over 300kb which soon adds up.

You’re going to need to reduce them, you can do this using either the optimization options in PhotoShop or using a service such as Kraken.io, TinyPNG or a plugin called WP Smush it.

There is also a two really good apps you could use called jPegMini and ImageOptim.

Once you have reduced the images, let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,
Danny

Thank you! I have re-adjusted all my images again using the ImageOptim and more Photoshop work. Your response was very appreciated and will do this from now on! jj

Hi Janis,

No problem, happy to hear your issue has been resolved and thank you for informing us. We appreciate it.

Thanks,
Danny