H2 headline question?

<header class=“fl-post-header”>
I am looking at my SEO for this page and i can see in the code that i have a H2 as defined below, however i did not insert this and cant find it on the actual page. i only have a H1 with Boxing Chelmsford.

Is it possible to help me with this please?

http://www.focusma.co.uk/boxing-chelmsford/

<h2 class=“fl-post-title” itemprop=“headline”>Boxing Chelmsford</h2>
Edit

Hi Brian,

The default page header is hidden with CSS when using the builder. We can’t remove it on other themes, but now that you mention it, I think we can remove it on ours. I’ll make a note to get that in the next theme release.

Thanks,
Justin

Is there a way i can remove it as it is messing with my SEO for the page?

Hi Brian,

You would need to modify the theme’s code to do that before we push an update. You could try removing the page header code altogether (located in content-page.php), although that will remove it from pages you aren’t using the builder on. You could try changing the header code from this…

<header class="fl-post-header">
    		<h2 class="fl-post-title" itemprop="headline"><?php the_title(); ?></h2>
		    <?php edit_post_link( _x( 'Edit', 'Edit page link text.', 'fl-automator' ) ); ?>
</header><!-- .fl-post-header -->

to this…

<?php if ( class_exists( 'FLBuilderModel' ) && FLBuilderModel::is_builder_enabled() ) : ?>
    		<?php // Don't show the header for builder pages. ?>
	<?php else : ?>
	    <header class="fl-post-header">
		        <h2 class="fl-post-title" itemprop="headline"><?php the_title(); ?></h2>
        		<?php edit_post_link( _x( 'Edit', 'Edit page link text.', 'fl-automator' ) ); ?>
    </header><!-- .fl-post-header -->
<?php endif; ?>

We’ll probably implement something similar to that once we get it in for the next release.

Justin

Hi, I don’t want to hijack the thread, but I’m running into this also.

Suggestion: is it possible to add a setting to the BB theme to let it generate titles as H1, H2 or not at all? Maybe even separate for posts and pages?

The H1 option would be correct for SEO, but I can imagine that some people wouldn’t mind to add titles manually to post and/or pages (option:“none”). The H2 option would just be for compatibility.

Hi Justin

Has the new update fixed this H" problem?

This was fixed in the latest update. Give that a shot and let me know if it works for what you’re trying to achieve.

Thanks,
Justin