How to move bb plugin to different domain name

We have pushed our staging site to our live site and now the BeaverBuilder plugin is not working correctly. The staging site was a subdomain of our main domain name, so I believe that is the issue.

What changes should I make so that our plugin works correctly with our new database and website?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Hey Robert,

Thanks for getting in touch! You can start by checking out this Knowledge Base article we have for Migrating a Site To Another Domain. I know you’re not really transferring it to another domain but the steps listed there should still apply whenever the site URL changes.

Let me know how it goes!

Ben

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hey Robert,

No worries! Let us know if you need anything further!

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Robert,

I just checked the DB of the site and indeed I can still see staging links there but with correct serialization. Also, I don’t think there are only 12 tables on your DB. The hosting company might not have scanned all the tables, which is why the postmeta table was left intact. What tool did you use when you migrated the DB? We suggest using the script found here as it handles serialized data.

Ben

Ben,
I have limited knowledge of all this. Our hosting company (Siteground) provides a one-click staging push to live site, which does all that for me. I didn’t do any migrations.

Hey Robert,

I really have no clue as to how that one-click thing works but for some reason, it didn’t touch any of the serialized data. You can use this plugin instead as it’s easier and can be done inside WP - Better Search Replace. Since this modifies entries on the database, it is recommended to take a backup of the database before running it. After installing the plugin, you can just place your staging URL which is staging1.startupventurenetwork.com on the search for field and place your live URL which is www.startupventurenetwork.com on the replace with field. Make sure to select all the tables and check the Case-Insensitive and Replace GUIDs boxes. The last box is for a dry run in case you want to check the results before running it. When ready, uncheck the last box(dry run) and run the plugin. You may need to run it twice though for some reason.

Hope this helps!

Ben

Hi Ben,

Just to clarify, do I place the www. before both domain names or only our live site domain? Or does it not matter?

Hey Robert,

You have to place it on both domain names. Sorry, missed that one.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hi Ben,

I needed to do a search both ways, with and without the www., to repair our site. It now works perfectly without the password authorization window (from our staging site) popping from.

Thank you for recommending the WP-Better Search Replace plugin!

Hmm, somehow it added the http:// in the above message. I did not use that in the search.

Hey Robert,

Awesome to hear you are up and running again! Yep, that Better Search and Replace plugin worked great for us recently on a unique setup so glad it did for you as well!

Best,
Billy