International phone numbers not accepted by BB contact form

I’ve added the BB contact form to my contact page but it won’t accept UK telephone numbers.

When I test with a UK mobile in the following formats I get an error message saying “Please enter a valid phone number”

07984XXXXXX
+447984XXXXXX
+(0)7984XXXXXX

How can I get the form to accept UK phone numbers please - is it possible to turn off validation for the phone field?

Thanks,
Lee

Hey Lee,

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. We’ll look into that asap!

Best,
Billy

Hi Lee. Just to reiterate, we’ll push a fix for this in our next update. Should be in the next few weeks if not sooner!

Cool, first world problems really - they can add their number in the message body for now!

I’m fast falling in love with Beaver Builder. Redoing my own site with it to get the hang of it and it’s so smooth to use! And coming from the X Theme which was an awesome step up from other themes I’d used…but BB kills it :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Lee

Haha, sweet! That’s great to hear. Thanks, Lee! Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the issue too.

Did this get fixed yet guys? I’m working on a new client site and they want a phone number field that works with any phone number (mainly UK, but mobiles and landlines etc).

Also, are you planning on letting admins toggle contact form fields between “optional” and “required/mandatory”? Could be a good addition at least for the email field.

Finally, what’s the story with spam protection on BB contact forms…is there any?

Thanks,
Lee

Hi Lee,
I did notice that in the most recent release (1.5.6) this was mentioned & essentially the input mask has been removed, allowing any input.

See under Tweaks.
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/change-logs/

HTH, Dave

ps - my 2cents on forms - I’ve been a Gravity Forms user for about 3 years and I would never use anything else!

Hi Lee! Dave is correct. We did “fix” this by removing the phone number validation.

There isn’t any spam protection on the BB contact form. If you’re using this on a site where spam becomes an issue, we would recommend switching over to a more feature rich contact form like Gravity Forms or Contact Form 7. Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Sorry I didn’t reply to say thanks faster, really appreciate the help though guys thanks! :slight_smile:

No worries, Lee! Our pleasure. :slight_smile: