Is it possible that BB has hijacked my site?

I built a landing page with this plugin. It was not difficult to use, but in the end, I decided the layout was too wide. I wanted to use the landing page template included with a new theme instead. (Genesis, if that makes a difference)

So I deactivated and deleted the BB plugin.

And now, I have very little control of the home page at all.

I found an article about using the Genesis Dambuster plugin to give more control. And it works pretty well. I can even get my page to a more reasonable width.

UNTIL I make that static page my home page. Then it reverts back to super wide, exactly like when I was using BB.

I remember reading something when I was researching to find a good landing page builder plugin.

Someone mentioned something about having trouble completely deleting the BB plugin. There were instructions to fix it, but I didn’t remember this issue until I had it myself. [doh!] And of course, I can’t find the article again.

Does anyone know how to remedy this, please?
Any insight would be much appreciated.
Thank you!

Sherri
http://guthealth.center

How do I make it stop?

Text is inserting itself into other areas of the page.

Do I need to delete everything and wipe the database?

Sherri

Hey Sherri,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

BB does not hold any content at all. When you delete it, no content will be added or removed. Only your layout/styling will change since BB copies a stripped down version of the layout to the WP Editor. Is this the site you are having problems with?
http://guthealth.center

Could you be more specific as to what text is added to what page? Also, we may need temp admin access to the site so we can check. You can use the private reply option below.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Sherri,

No worries! Could you specify an example of what’s wrong with the site? I don’t really know what the layout is like since this is my first time visiting it. There are only 2 pages that I can see for now(not yet logged in) and both of them are having the same width.

Ben

Come to think of it, you may be experiencing a caching issue. Do you have any caching plugins installed? If so, try clearing the cache. You might also want to try doing a Hard Refresh on your browser, see if it helps.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Sherri,

Yes, I can see that on the site. But I can also see it on the WP Editor. I guess the problem here is how you did the layout on the site, more on the divs you are using and CSS assigned to them. Regarding the width of the pages, you might want to contact Genesis directly about that.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Sherri,

No worries! I did notice the shortcodes. Let us know if we can help with anything further! :slight_smile:

Ben