Lost layout when uploading from localhost to host.

Hi there,

I am writing to you because I faced this problem yesterday when trying to upload my entire work from my localhost to my website (hosted by 1and1). Notice that I just had the same problem when trying to do a “fake” upload from my localhost to another database on my localhost.

The layout and styling I’ve created doesn’t show up, even though some of the content does, in a huge “Text Editor” frame included in a “Row” frame.

Note that I am using Beaver Builder with Genesis and the Agency Pro child theme.

It probably doesn’t come from 1and1 as I have the same problem on local. I’m afraid to deactivate Page Builder to see if the layout and styling stay the same, I don’t want to lose my work.

Thank you, your help will be much appreciated!

Yohan

Some more updates while I’m trying the solve the problem:

• I seem to be able to use Beaver Builder properly to re-build something from scratch, directly from my online website.
  • When I click on the template I’ve created through via Beaver Builder, the layout & content doesn’t appear.

Hi Yohann,

Sorry about the issues! Can you tell me how you are migrating your site from localhost?

The issue you mentioned typically happens when you do a standard search and replace for the URL on the database as that will break the serialized arrays the builder uses to store its data.

The safe way to migrate a database is by doing a serialized search and replace using this script…

https://interconnectit.com/products/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/

If that doesn’t work, can you send me a copy of your database export? My email is justin [at] fastlinemedia [dot] com.

I’m afraid to deactivate Page Builder to see if the layout and styling stay the same, I don’t want to lose my work.

Deactivating or uninstalling the builder from the WordPress plugins page will never delete your data. The only way to do that is under Settings > Page Builder > Uninstall. Even then, it’s possible to get it back.

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Justin, thanks for your quick answer.

I think it’s working! I’ve only tested it out on local, but the layout and content stayed the same. I will probably not test it out online, as I actually had the time to rebuild the website online in the meantime!

Indeed, I was doing a standard search and replace for the URL on the database.

Thanks again!

Yohan

Hi Yohan,

That’s great to hear! Serialized arrays are used by a lot of WordPress plugins and themes, even some core stuff, so it’s always good to do the search and replace that way.

Let me know if you run into anything else.

Best,
Justin

I will, thanks again!