Mobile Menu: Characters showing incorrectly

Hi, it’s me again.

I am checking the mobile version of my site and the menu seems to be displaying differently than what I see on my computer browser.

Nav text is not the correct color (shade of gray in this case) and French-specific characters (e with accent É) are shown bigger and bolder.

http://prntscr.com/aog3ec

How can I correct this?

Thanks!

Hey Javi,

What phone have you been able to test this? Looks fine on a simulated mobile window size.

Jun

I verified on my iPhone. iOS 8, Chrome and Safari.

Hi Javi,

I see no <strong>É</strong> wrapping the É. Therefore, this is likely an issue in the old iOS version you’re using which is two years old. I don’t think there is anything we can do about this.

Also, what is very odd is that it is not affecting the other accents in the menu.

Thanks,
Danny

Ah sorry!

I’m on iOS 9.1.2

Hi Javi,

I apologise, if this may sound like a stupid question, but is there any difference between the É in the ÉCOLE menu item and the SPORTS / ÉTUDES menu item?

Thanks,
Danny

Hey, you’re right! I totally missed that. It’s the same accent on the same letter, so it’s actually a very good point you’re making.

I’m going to look into that and follow up.

Update: I copied the É from ÉCOLE and put it in ÉTUDES and it’s fine now.

Thank you so much for your help, Danny!

Hi Javi,

Awesome! I have to say you had both myself and Ben scratching our heads over this lol!

I am happy to hear the issue has been resolved and thanks for informing us.

Thanks,
Danny