Module Request: Page title

I would put this in the feature requests but I figured it’s easy enough to add and I’m surprised I haven’t seen it yet – a module which displays the current page title.

Not talking about the heading module but a different module which would display post_title and will automagically update if changed.

Hi Tim,

That’s an interesting request that I haven’t heard yet, but I could see how that could be nice to have in certain use cases. While that isn’t an available module, we do allow the ability to show the page title in the global settings if desired. By default it is turned off so that the page title does now show. We don’t have any plans of adding this type of module at the moment so feel free to add as a feature request and we can take a look at some point.

Best,
Billy

Ok no problem I just figured I would ask before making the module myself.

I’m attempting to override the heading module in my theme using the method described in the docs but every time I paste it or any other module folder directly from the plugin, the copied module settings doesn’t stop loading and I get the error Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

Hey Tim,

I’ve fielded this over to our lead dev, Justin. He’ll be in touch soon to assist.

Best,
Billy

Hey Tim,

Would it be possible to get temporary admin and FTP access to check out what’s going on here? What you’re doing should be working, so I’m not 100% sure why it’s not yet.

Thanks,
Justin

[Content Hidden]

Thanks, Tim. I’m trying the login info but the site doesn’t appear to be loading.

I did test this on my site and the heading module is working fine in the theme directory. Are you putting the module into this folder structure?

/your-theme/fl-builder/modules/heading

Our server might have blocked you if you were trying to connect through regular FTP. If you’re using filezilla, be sure to change the encryption to Require explicit FTP over TLS. I’ve unblocked 3 IPs so you should be able to at least view the site now.

Anywho, yeah that’s the folder setup: /public_html/site/wp-content/themes/our-theme/fl-builder/modules/heading

Could the problem be that our wp install is in /site ?

Thanks, Tim. I have to run out right now for a few ours and will look into this further later today.

Justin

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hey Tim,

This has been fixed and will be available in the next update coming out Sunday evening. The issue was the fact that we were using home_url() instead of site_url() to determine the module’s path. If you want to patch that, you can make the adjustment on line 150 of classes/FLBuilderModule.php.

Justin