Multi-site - Turning Off Beaver Builder on Main Site

I bought Beaver Builder so that members of my WP network (within Multi-site) could have a user friendly way to customize their sites. For my main site, I use a theme that comes with Visual Composer, and that works best for me with this theme.

I’d like to turn off Beaver Builder for the main site while leaving it active on the multi-sites. It interferes a bit on main site and so I’d like to disable it there. Is this possible without affecting the users sites or the templates I have set up for them? How would I do this?

There’s some horrible bug or something that when I go to a buddypress page within the main site, the Beaver Builder Template Chooser pops up and the Beaver Builder menu over takes my menu. The simplest thing (and most urgent) would be if I could disable it for the main site without effecting other sites or the New Template Plugin from creating new sites with it. But obviously, there is a greater bug at issue here aw well.

Hi Steve,

It all depends on how you activated it. Did you by chance network activate or just install in your network admin and actually activate on your individual sites?

If you network activated, you would need to deactivate and then activate the plugin individually on your sites. That would then turn it off for the main site. The only issue with this is in order to get updates, the main site would need to have the plugin activated. I suppose you could turn it on for updates that would push to the individual sites and then turn it off again.

Let me know if that helps!

Best,
Billy

Billy, there’s a fatal flaw happening with Beaver Builder. It’s quite serious. All of the BuddyPress pages on my site are unusable by me as the Administrator because when I go to them, the Beaver Builder menu/toolbar pops up, over-rides the main menu, and the template picker pops up. Even after dismissing it, it makes the buddypress page (group, activities, etc) unusable.

This is an URGENT matter for me - if I uninstall the plugin I lose all the work I’ve put into it and I also need to show it off tonight. Please contact me if you can about this and I can give you access to the site to see what’s happening.

Hi Steve,

My apologies for the hassle. Go ahead and send me a login/pass as a private reply and I’ll have a look.

Justin

continued from above . . .

Also, if I do as you recommend above, will that delete all the templates I just spend about 20 hours creating? If I network deactivate it and then activate it only for my sites, do I lose the templates I’ve created.

both things are important - figuring out a way to turn it off for the main site (without losing data, templates, etc) and also getting rid of the bug that’s causing Beaver Builder to take over the way it does in Buddy Press pages.

Hi Steve,

Deactivating (and even deleting) the plugin will not delete any data. To do that, you must go to Settings > Page Builder > Uninstall.

Justin

[Content Hidden]

Thanks, Steve. There is definitely an issue here. I’ll see about getting a fix together shortly.

The quickest way for me to do that for you would be if I had FTP access. Is that possible?

Justin

[Content Hidden]

Hi Steve,

I’ve identified the bug and patched your site. It only required a change to one line of code so it shouldn’t have any affect on your demo.

Let me know if you run into anything else.

Justin

That took care of it Justin. Thanks for the great support.