Multisite domain mapping BB not showing builder

Hi:

I have looked in the support forum for an answer to my problem but most of them are using a different plugin for domain mapping than I so the answers to fix it are not helping me. I am using the WPMU Domain Mapping plugin. I have the following domain options marked as indicated:

Remote login - yes
Permanent redirect - yes
User domain mapping - yes
Redirect admin pages to site’s original domain - yes
Disable primary domain check - no

When I have the domain set to subdomain.domain.com the BB builder works fine. However as soon as I change the domain name to the primary primarydomain.com the builder will not show up because the page subdomain.domain.com will redirect it to primarydomain.com. I am logged in as the super admin and it still doesn’t work correctly. I can’t ask my client to change the domain setting each time the page builder needs to be used. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks!

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I don’t have much experience with domain mapping. However, I recently replied to a user who was having a similar issue I believe.

Can you see my reply on this topic and see if this helps, please?

Thanks,
Danny

Thanks but it is on a different plugin so that doesn’t help much.

Hi Michelle,

I apologise for that, the names are very similar. Therefore, would it be possible for you to provide temp admin access, please?

Thanks,
Danny

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hey Michelle,

The problem here is that you are only logged in to the main domain www.domain.com, and let’s say you’ve a child site under www.domain.com/subsite which you mapped to www.subsite.com, the problem now is, we aren’t logged in to www.subsite.com hence the page builder not working.

The thread below is of another guy having a similar issue as you are and fixed it via an htaccess code. Give is a shot and see if it works for you.
http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/support/q/multisite-maintenance-mode-and-beaver-builder/#post-105221

Also, I just realized, the plugin you’re using hasn’t been updated in over a year? I’d recommend using another plugin, perhaps the premium version of that plugin, as an outdated one will pose a risk to your site’s security.

Hope this helps!

Ben

I got this figured out!! After a lot of searching, I used a different domain mapping solution called Mercator on GitHub. It is not a plugin but it works like a charm! It actually the upgrade to the free WP MU Domain Mapping plugin I was using. I can sign in on one site and bring up the page builder. Whew… This still does not solve the comment issue though.

Glad to hear you figured it out! And thanks for sharing your solution. We’re still checking on the comments issue though. :slight_smile:

Ben