New version crashed my site

I’ve had BB on my site since early summer with no problems. Site is hosted on SiteGround. Genesis framework with Community Pro child theme. After I updated to the latest version of BB the site went down with a 504 error. I opened a ticket with SiteGround and they said it was an issue with BB. They put the free version on and it worked fine…except of course half the site formatting was missing. I had just backed up the site, so I created a copy of the site locally using Desktop Server, installed a new copy of the theme and updated BB and everything worked fine. When I tried to do the same on the live version…504 again. I renamed the plugin folder, then uploaded version 1.6.2 and it works fine. I have another site on SiteGround running Genesis with BB 1.6.3.4 and it’s fine.

Hope I’ve given you all the info you need to help. Will post a login /password and link in a PM.

Thanks!

[Content Hidden]

Hey Fran,

Sorry about that! Is the version that crashed your site the one we just released (1.6.4)? I’ll login and have a look.

Justin

Yes the latest one.
Thanks Justin!

Thanks, Fran. I tried logging in but I’m getting a message saying that I’m temporarily locked out by WordFence. Since your site is back up and running now, I’ll check again in the morning.

[Content Hidden]

Hey Fran,

I’m still getting the “You are temporarily locked out” message. Could you possibly disable WordFence for now?

Justin

[Content Hidden]

Thanks, Fran. Sorry for the hassle but the login isn’t working. Can you check that?

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hey Fran,

No worries! It’s really busy here right now so I’ll wait until this afternoon.

Justin

Hey Fran,

Is it ok to get in there and poke around this morning? My plan is to do a quick upgrade, see if I can spot the source of the issue and then downgrade you again until we have a patch. Sound good?

Justin

Yup, sounds good! I don’t have anything planned for that site today.

I upgraded several other sites using BB with similar config’s and not problems anywhere else!

Thanks,
Fran

Hi Fran,

I did some testing and it looks like there is a conflict with the EventON plugin in the newest version of BB. Could you shoot me a copy of that plugin to test on my end? You can send that to justin [at] fastlinemedia [dot] com.

Thanks!
Justin

Just sent it, thanks!