Offset setting in posts element

Hello,

I am using the posts element inside a post, and I want to show the posts of the same category, excluding the current post. What is the best way?

I tried using the offset setting, but I have several difficulties:

• How do I activate the offset setting? I thought writing a “1” would be the more logic, but if I write a “1” and I put the current post in the filter, no post is show in the element.

• Even if it works, how can I show the category and not the current post? If I put offset, I should put the post and ALL the categories except the one I want to show. It would be easier if each filter had their own offset. Do you find a way to do this?

Thanks a lot.

Hey Fernando,

Sorry to say but the ability to exclude specific Posts/categories/tags is not yet available. The offset setting simply allows you to skip a number of Posts that match the criteria. If you’ve a minute, feel free to vote for a similar feature request on our User Voice! :slight_smile:
https://wpbeaverbuilder.uservoice.com/forums/270594-general/suggestions/8232324-add-a-post-module-filter-to-exclude-by-tag

Ben

Sorry, I still dont understand the use of the current offset setting. Could you explain me with some example? Thanks!

Hey Fernando,

Sure thing! So here’s a scenario explaining how it works; you have 5 Posts shown on the page using the Posts module and it is using the default order settings, by date and descending, so your Posts are shown in the order of Post 5, Post 4, Post 3, Post 2, and Post 1, with Post 5 being the latest. If you set the offset to 1, it will skip Post 5, so the contents will now be Post 4 -> Post 1. If you set it to 2, Posts 5 and 4 will be skipped, and the contents will now be Post 3 -> Post 1, and so on.

For a use case scenario, feel free to check the feature request below.
https://wpbeaverbuilder.uservoice.com/forums/270594-general/suggestions/6857024-add-the-ability-to-offset-x-number-of-posts-to-t

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Ben