Page Builder Layouts not staying after second edit

I have an instance of BB theme and plugin running on a “test” site and have found an issue that is a little hard to pinpoint.

When I start a new page, select the layout template, and save, everything looks good.

Then I go back to the editing in the builder, and I add, remove, change etc something on the page, and then save, and it doesn’t stay the way I just edited. So I have to go back and re-append the original page layout, and again sometimes it sticks and sometimes it doesn’t.

Am I doing something wrong? What is the proper practice to edit a current page builder layout page? (I think i have seen 3 different ways to access the page builder)

Any help is appreciated as I don’t want to have to go and redo all of the layouts.

Actually, now that I think about it, I went through and set up a bunch of layout example pages to show off the plugin, and when I went back to look at the pages, the content was there, but didn’t look like the layouts I had selected. It was weird. I had to go back in and re-select the layout design I had chosen.

Thanks guys! I am really appreciative you have this forum so we all can learn from each other.

[Content Hidden]

Hi Bryan,

That is interesting, there appears to be some sort of conflict. Have you tried disabling all of your plugins and then re-enabling one by one testing the builder to see if it is a plugin conflict? That will help us diagnose the issue. I suppose it wouldn’t hut to send along temp login credentials so we can take a look. Would you mind doing the plugin exercise mentioned above beforehand? In addition, if you get an errors, please send those along.

Best,
Billy

Hi Billy, I have the same problem. Let me know if you would like me to start a new thread. This happens:

Sometimes (most of the times), BB shows me the previous version. If I then choose “Cancel draft” and restart the editing process, I have the most recent version back.

Sometimes (now and then), BB even shows me an ancient versions (like 10 edits ago). In that case, the trick above doesn’t work and I have to restore a more recent version, after which I have to repeat the “Cancel draft” trick to get that recent version.

I have disabled everything remote related to caching. BB 1.3.4 developer license and BB child theme (unchanged) are installed. Only a few basic plugins are left. I will not touch this installation in case you want to take a look at it.

I love BB for the functionality, but this obviously would render BB useless.

@Bryan: I’ve noticed that touching the “Text Editor” tab will remove all layout and removes all builder functionality. This happens without changing anything* in the text editor. Just opening the tab en clicking back to the “Page builder” tab will remove the layout. I think it even saves it without ever touching the save button yourselves.

Hi Bryan, Tom,

Thanks for letting us know about these, we’re are diligently trying to figure out what may be going on here. Quick question for both of you, are you limiting the post revisions by chance? If so, we do know of an issue related and will be releasing a maintenance update this week to address that. If not, we’ll need to do more digging here, but let us know if possible and we’ll go from there!

Best,
Billy

Yes!

I have this in wp-config.php:

/** Keep last X revision */
define(‘WP_POST_REVISIONS’, 10);

Also have this (but that probably doesn’t matter):

/** Empty trash after X days */
define(‘EMPTY_TRASH_DAYS’, 7);

I’ve switched both off. Right now, I don’t have time for any extensive testing, but I’ll let you know tomorrow.

Thanks, Tom

Thanks Tom, the update we release this week should help!

I have the same issue. I change a page, but when I load Page builder, it reverts to an older version.

Sorry about the late response on this I have been out of town with no access.

I just looked in my test install and the only three plugins I had installed was Akismet (not activated, Beaver Builder (obviously activated) and WP Super Cache (activated).

I am testing now with the cache deactivated. I have had issues before with a cacheing plugin, so I suspect there might be another issue there.

I just deactivated the cache plugin, and I went back in and the layout is back to what I designed.

So, while i am not ready to say this is a closed issue, I wonder if the cacheing plugins are the culprit in these issues. maybe I should be designing and building with the cacheing plugins activated.

I appreciate you guys working hard to resolve these things! thank you!

And now the error is back again. I just went in, and the page looked right, I go back to edit and it’s messed up again.

I am sharing login details now.

[Content Hidden]

Hello All!

We just released a large update last night that should be available to you all. We think this update will take care of the issues you are having. Would you mind updating and reporting back to see if the issues still arise? Make sure to clear your cache after updating and looking forward to hearing how it goes!

Best,
Billy

I completed the update to the builder plugin and the automator theme.

so far, I have yet to re-create the issue after the updates.

I will keep you posted.

Hi Billy,

Removing define(‘WP_POST_REVISIONS’, 10); solves the problem for version 1.3.4. 1.3.5 works correctly with or without this setting. This fixes the bug.

Thanks!