Page code

Hi,

I’m wondering if something is possible. I want to be able to grab the entire code (exept ofcourse header/footer) of which a page is made of. So I can duplicate the design and text on another page. I know there is a possibility to make a template. But I have a sort of directory plugin which launches pages based on variable keywords (200 cities). I need the entire page in code to use it for launching the city pages. As far as I can see there is much code missing when I copy from the classic editor and all the style gets lost. Is there a way for me to get the complete code with styling elements from a finished page so my plug-in can automatically generate pages based on it?

If you’re on a mac you can give SiteSucker a try: SiteSucker. It grabs everything from a live website and stores it on your hard drive.

Regards,
Leo

Well, I don’t have a mac and i hope it’s not the only way to do it…

Is there a way to copy a page code and paste it to another page with another name to duplicate the same lay-out? I need this real bad.

Hi Robert,

That’s a really tricky one. What parts of the page are you trying to duplicate?

Have you tried exporting your pages as xml using the WordPress exporter, then import them to your other site? That should bring all your content back in for you to work on. It’s pretty much the same as saving it as a Beaver Builder template though, so might not achieve exactly what you’re looking for.

It’s a little difficult to understand exactly what you’re trying to do. If you can provide some more information, or an example, I would love to try to help you more on this.

[Content Hidden]

[Content Hidden]

Hi Robert,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you - I had visitors yesterday.

What you’re seeing in the regular WordPress editor is exactly what is supposed to be there. Beaver Builder is porting back all your text and images in standard HTML format. There really is no way to port back your page layouts at this time. The only thing I can think of is using shortcodes to create multiple column layouts in the regular WordPress editor. This is like going backwards though.

I’ll discuss this further with Billy, Robby and Justin, but I have a feeling there is no way to give you what you want using the current WordPress editor.

Colin