Page load time is painfully slow.

It takes nearly 10 seconds for anything to show up when I type in

http://www.bodybriteroanoke.com

And another 10 to 20 seconds before the slider shows a picture.

Is there something I set up wrong to make it so slow?

It looks as if they loaded some pretty large pictures, and didn’t use the guidelines I sent them.

and something is weird with the Browser Cache setting.

I’ll try to figure it out. It doesn’t seem to be a BB issue.

I get this suggestion from Webhostinghero.com

This page has 17 external Javascript scripts. Try combining them into one.

This page has 12 external stylesheets. Try combining them into one.

and it suggests that…

Resources with a “?” in the URL are not cached by some proxy caching servers. Remove the query string and encode the parameters into the URL for the following resources:

With a very long list of resources with a “?”

How can these issues be fixed?

Oh… and what do I need to do to make the website look good on a Mobile Device?

Hey Tim,

Yes, this sounds like it is unrelated to Beaver Builder. There are a number of things you can check into such as giving your hosting company a quick call to see if there is an issue on their end, looking at possible 3rd party plugins as culprits, etc. Take a look at this blog post Robby wrote awhile ago which may help. Doing some google searching will yield other possible solutions to load times. Hope that helps!

Re. Mobile, BB is already completely mobile responsive so nothing further needed there! There are options to adjust responsiveness in all BB elements typically found in the advanced tab if interested.

Best,
Billy

I feel like I made a mistake purchasing this thing.

Hey Tim,

I’m sorry to hear you feel that way! I wish I could tell you this was BB related as then we could diagnose the issue and fix it quickly! However, that doesn’t seem to be the case, but I have a few more recommendations. Firstly, it appears you are on shared hosting. Shared hosting is notorious for occasional bottlenecks like this so a quick call to their support team may just do the trick. Secondly, do you have a caching plugin installed in your site? I would recommend quick cache if you don’t already have one installed. It is a free plugin. Also, here is a plugin you can install to rectify the query strings issue. Let me know how all of that goes for you and hope it helps!

Best,
Billy

I updated the cache and got a little more speed.

I’ll try install the plugin for query strings.