Plug-in install issue

I just purchased the plug in and I am trying to install it on a website I am building locally using WAMP using a chrome browser. Everytime i try to install the zip file using the “Add Plugins” feature I get the message “Are you sure you want to do this?” and it says to please try again.

I am using this on a Vantage themed website using CSS Hero.

I had no problem installing this plug-in on a live site.

Hey Tony,

My apologies for the hassle. Can you send me a screen shot of the message you are seeing?

Thanks,
Justin

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjxonrjnqk8truk/Screenshot%202015-03-03%2015.52.45.png?dl=0

Thanks, Tony. Have you tried uploading any other premium plugins to see if this is a common issue? I can’t think of anything off the top of my head that would cause it.

If all else fails, you can navigate to the plugins directory on your hard drive and unzip the file there.

Let me know.

Justin

Hi Tony,

WAMPServer’s default php.ini value for post_max_size is 2M, well below the 3.8M size of the latest 1.5.0 zip package. This is what is causing the error.

To remedy:

• click on the green W icon in the system tray
  • from the popup menu, select PHP > php.ini
  • this will open php.ini in notepad
  • do a Find for post_max_size
  • change the 2 to a larger number, say 8
  • make SURE that is ALL you change :slight_smile:
  • save and close the file
  • from the Wamp menu select Restart All Services

You should be good to go :slight_smile:

Cheers!
Lyle

WAMPServer’s default php.ini value for post_max_size is 2M, well below the 3.8M size of the latest 1.5.0 zip package. This is what is causing the error.

I totally wrote off post_max_size as I figured it couldn’t be that low for a localhost install (I’m on a Mac with MAMP). What the heck WAMP!

Thanks for the info, Lyle!

Justin

Hi Justin,

Yep, one of the TWO main detractors for WAMP!

The other is that one has to manually enable mod_rewrite so that permalinks will work! Go figure! :slight_smile:

Which is why, for the last 6 years, I have exclusively used The Uniform Server for Windows, and as you, MAMP for Mac :slight_smile: MAMP for Windows if OK too, just that TUS is a 28MB download and MAMP-Win is 300MB and change and is ‘installed’, whereas TUS is just extracted and ‘sitting there’ (easily run from a thumb drive) :slight_smile: Plus, TUS can be used in a production setting :slight_smile:

Good to know! I must admit that my Windows use has dwindled over the years except for when I need to test for work. I do hope MAMP catches up as that’s a dam good solution. But I agree, 300MB is quite a bit to swallow.

Anyhow, thanks again for the help Lyle. We couldn’t have solved this one without you!

Justin

Hey guys thanks so much for the solution I really appreciate the help. Lyle, now that you brought up the other issue with WAMP about the getting the permalinks to work - can you give me the workaround to resolve this? You describe it as “manually enable mod_write”?

Thanks again.

Hi Tony,

Oops, I knew there was something else I was going to add to that post :slight_smile:

• click on the W icon
  • select Apache > Apache Modules > scroll down the list to see rewrite_module and click on it to set the check mark
  • restart all services

Cheers!
Lyle

http://i.imgur.com/bXAL1l9.jpg

Thanks Lyle you’ve been very helpful.

[Content Hidden]