plugin freezes up

The plugin seems to install correctly, and I am able to get to a point when I edit the call to action text on the home page. When I do that and hit save and preview or save and finish… The screen goes dim, it locks up with repeating animation of the progress bar.

What Can I do?

here is a screen shot…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/77ytfiufk57k2jp/Screenshot%202014-09-09%2017.40.26.png?dl=0

^ copy and paste the link, for some reason it does not work when you click it.

Hey Sean! Sorry you’re having trouble. It looks like you are running our theme as well? Is that right? Are you running any other plugins? Could you possibly try disabling any other plugins and see if that fixes the problem.

And or, if it’s possible could you send me an admin login to the site and I can login and look for any error messages? Be sure to set as a private reply if you send over login details. Thanks!

[Content Hidden]

Sean, I was able to recreate the issue on my end. I’ll take a look at it with our developer tomorrow. Can you let me know what hosting company/stack you’re using? We’ll try to get this solved ASAP!

Any news on this? My host is not unusual. Its a linux cpanel with usual specs

Apache version 2.2.27
PHP version 5.3.28
MySQL version 5.5.37-cll
Architecture x86_64
Operating system linux
Dedicated IP Address 108.60.203.234
Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
Path to Perl /usr/bin/perl
Perl version 5.10.1
Kernel version 2.6.32-531.1.2.lve1.2.54.el6.x86_64
cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC1)

Hey Sean,

My apologies for the hassle!

It looks like this is an issue with Apache’s mod_security module which is throwing a 403 error because it’s trying to block text editor HTML from being sent to the server via AJAX.

In the past, customers have had to contact their host and have them add an exception to mod_security for HTML via AJAX post. However, I would really like to squash this issue once and for all and am having a difficult time recreating it on my setup. Would you mind giving me temporary FTP access so I can get in there and tinker around for a bit?

Thanks,
Justin

[Content Hidden]

Thanks, Sean! I’ll let you know in a few hours. Sorry again for the hassle and thanks for giving us a shot! :slight_smile:

Justin

Hey Sean,

It appears to be working now but not by my doing! I’ve heard that mod_security can “learn” and make its own exceptions which I believe it has done in this case. Can you give it a shot again and let me know if the issue persists?

Thanks,
Justin

It looks like its working now, thanks.

Is it safe to upgrade to wordpress 4? Or is that not supported yet?

Great! Yes, we’ve tested it with 4.0. You should be good to go there.

Justin