Plugin Issue

Hello,

I’m having an issue with a plugin that I’m hoping you can give me some advice on resolving.

The plugin is Global Gallery http://www.lcweb.it/global-gallery

I have a project that requires adding different galleries/collections of images and having a thumbnail linked to that gallery to open in a lightbox. Not a typical gallery of images on a page.

I add a text module to a page and then select the global gallery icon next to the add media icon to add a shortcode to the text module but when I click on the global gallery icon I get a black overlay and nothing opens. Almost like a lightbox effect.

I’ve tried adding just the shortcode to the text module but the gallery does not appear on the page.

Could you get me started troubleshooting this issue?

I’ve tried disabling the lightbox in BB.
I’ve checked all of the server logs and see no errors.

Regards

Bob

Hey Bob,

Thanks for getting in touch! Have you tried placing the shortcode on an HTML module? You can also try disabling BB and see if the plugin works in the standard WP editor. That way we’ll know if the problem is BB related or not.

Hope this helps!

Ben

Yes, same thing with the HTML module.
Definitely conflicts with BB plugin, works fine when BB disabled.
Any logs I can look at? It’s hosted on a Linux server that I have full access to.

Hey Bob,

We might need to dig deeper into his. Could you grant us temporary admin access to the site so we can?

Regarding the logs, you can check the console log on the developer tool. That’s where I usually look into first.

Ben

Ben,

After testing it with the BB plugin disabled and then re-enabling the BB plugin it works with a shortcode in either HTML or Text module. Who knows…

Any idea what would cause me to not be able to insert using the Global Gallery icon from within the Text module screen?

I don’t mind the shortcodes but it would be a lot easier if my client could just click on the Global Gallery icon and select their gallery.

Thank You!!

Hey Bob,

That’s great! It could have been the cache doing its thing.

Regarding the icon issue, we’ll need to take a good look at the site so we’ll still need admin access if you want us to take a look.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Bob,

Yep, marking it as private reply is the way to go.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Bob,

I just talked to the other members of the team regarding this and realized that BB doesn’t load 3rd party enhancements to the text editor/kitchen sink. This is because of the bugs it introduces. You can check this thread as it’s pretty much the same problem. Sorry, wish I had a better answer for you.

Ben

Dang!
There is no way around this?
I can’t go into edit mode for the page either because BB won’t see anything I do there correct?

Hey Bob,

Yes, anything done on the WP editor won’t be reflected if there’s already a builder layout. One thing you can do is to create a sample page, make it use the WP editor, and just use that to grab the shortcode.

Ben

That’s how I get the shortcode now but my client is going to think that is very hack.

Thanks for your help I appreciate it.