Pre-editing the plugin before install?

I’m attempting to edit the plugin files before install to change the default “Branding” option. Just trying to save time in the future instead of having to edit the setting each and every time I install beaver builder. I’d like to input the icon I want it to reference as default, as well as title.

I’ve found where it makes the request, as well as the form that the request is carried out in… But not too sure as where the actual default text is stored.

admin-settings-branding.php -----

<p><?php _e(‘White label the page builder by entering a custom name below.’, ‘fl-builder’); ?></p>
<input type=“text” name=“fl-branding” value="<?php echo esc_html(FLBuilderModel::get_branding()); ?>" class=“regular-text” />

&lt;p&gt;&lt;?php _e('Additionally, you may also add a custom icon by entering the URL of an image below. Leave the field blank if you do not wish to use an icon.', 'fl-builder'); ?&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
	&lt;input type="text" name="fl-branding-icon" value="&lt;?php echo esc_html(FLBuilderModel::get_branding_icon()); ?&gt;" class="regular-text" /&gt;

&

class-fl-builder-admin-settings.php------

static private function save_branding()
{
if ( isset( $_POST[‘fl-branding-nonce’] ) && wp_verify_nonce( $_POST[‘fl-branding-nonce’], ‘branding’ ) ) {

$branding		= wp_kses_post( $_POST['fl-branding'] );
		$branding_icon	= sanitize_text_field( $_POST['fl-branding-icon'] );

FLBuilderModel::update_admin_settings_option( '_fl_builder_branding', $branding, false );
		FLBuilderModel::update_admin_settings_option( '_fl_builder_branding_icon', $branding_icon, false );
	}
}

Hey Elizabeth,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

I don’t think doing it that way is possible since those changes get lost after updating the plugin. I’ve already assigned another member of the team to this thread to check if there’s a way around that.

Ben

Hi Elizabeth,

Ben is correct, any changes to the plugin code will be overwritten when it is updated. That is true of any plugin or theme.

Justin