Pricing Tables Losing Links

Hi All

I’m having problem with pricing tables losing the button links and those being replaced with the current page URL. This has now happened three times on the same site after correcting each link.

Here is what I did after the 2nd time correcting all the links:

1. Disable W3T Cache and all links were fine
  2. Flush BB cache
  3. Check links, all fine
  4. Enable W3T Cache and some (not all) links are now replaced with the page URL
  5. Any support would be appreciated?

Warmest regards,

Athlone

Hey Athlone,

Chances are, the links were still cached by your W3 Total Cache plugin. Can you try clearing its cache and see if that fixes it?

Ben

Hi Ben

Thank you for the reply.

I’ve cleared the cache in W3T as well as purge the CDN and nothing helps.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks…

Athlone

Hey Athlone,

Is it possible for you to disable all active plugins except for BB and provide temp admin access, please?

Also, to recreate the issue, are you suggesting that when you have corrected the button links. You then enable W3 Total cache and the button links are then replaced?

Also, what is the structure of the URL you’re adding to the button. Does it include http:// or are you bypassing this and just starting with www ?

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Danny

Thanks for the reply.

Ok before we do the temp access let me provide some answers to your questions as follows:

1. I noticed links were down as customers were complaining they could not complete purchases from the pages with pricing tables on them which point to the shopping cart items. I then fixed them all. That was last week.

This week the same thing happened and I fixed them but. But this time turned off W3T cache as when making BB changes it’s quicker without it on. All fixes were made with W3T Cache disabled and the BB cache was also flushed before reactiving W3T cache. W3T cache was them reactivated and some links were replaced on each specific page with the URL of the page they were on.

In W3T cache I purged the CDN completely, cleared the cache and the links remained broken.

So if a page URL is mysite.com/order-at-this-url/ that would now be the URL in each pricing table button link instead of the link to each particular product.

1. The url structure entered into the pricing table is relative and in two formats of which both are replaced with the page URL thus breaking the links.

Below are examples of the formats that were originally entered but now replaced by the page URL:

1. /order-at-this-url/
  2. /cart.php?id-3

I look forward to your reply.

Warmest regards,

Athlone

Hey Ahtlone,

So the relative links you posted above were the original links you placed on the Pricing Table button? And when you activated W3TC it gets replaced with the page URL?

We did have issues with the Pricing Table module when updating from an older version 1.6+ to 1.7. The links were being replaced with the page URL as well. Is this the case for you? What version of the plugin are you running right now? If the links work fine without W3TC on, then it’s most likely a caching issue. Did you clear all caches from W3TC? I have it on my local dev and there’s an Empty All Caches button on its dashboard, is that what you did? Sorry for the question, just needed to make sure we cover everything. :slight_smile:

One last thing we could try is to manually delete the advanced-cache.php file inside the wp-contents folder. You’ll have to deactivate the W3TC plugin first, and maybe export your settings before doing so. Probably take a backup of it as well before deleting it. Once done, reactivate W3TC and see if it works this time.

Let us know how it goes!

Ben

Hi Ben

Thank you for the reply.

Yes your understanding on your first question is correct.

I’m running 1.7.3 and I can’t quite recall when I upgraded but I’m pretty sure it wasnt in the last week or so.

The links are now broken (replaced with the page URL) with our without W3T cache. I did “Empty all Caches” and purged the CDN entirely from W3T cache so I doubt it’s a caching issue. Even if I turn W3T cache off the links are broken.

Right after running “Empty all Caches” in W3T cache a brand new modified URL appears in the place of the previously broken URLs so now:

Previously the URL was the page URL e.g. https://mysite.com/order-something-here/
After running “Empty all Caches” all the URLs are now: https://mysite.com/order-something-here/?w3tc_note=flush_all

But this is not happening on all pages but on selected pages.

I’ve also deleted advanced-cache.php and no fix but in the meantime on one of the pages that was not showing an error the following has occurred:

URLs that were correct in the pricing table that displayed e.g. http://mysite.com/order-something-here/ are not displaying:
http://mysite.com/order-something-here/wordpress-parent-page/order-something-here/

But the weird thing is, in the BB table the link still shows /order-something-here/.

Keeping in mind that the shopping cart is not part of WordPress, it’s a separate system but now somehow a part of the WordPress URL is being pulled in.

I’ve deactivated W3T Cache but the error remain, I then re-activated it and still the same.

Warmest regards,

Athlone

I have another site at BB 1.6.4.7 which needs to be upgraded to 1.7.3. Am I going to have the same issue here?

Hey Athlone,

I can’t seem to replicate the issue on my end. Do you think you can share temp admin access to the site so we can check further? If it’s a live site you don’t want to be played with, perhaps you can copy it over to a staging URL?

I have another site at BB 1.6.4.7 which needs to be upgraded to 1.7.3. Am I going to have the same issue here?

We’ve fixed those issues on the latest update, 1.7.3. The only remaining issue is that the buttons’ color may differ since on the latest version, there’s already a separate setting for it.

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Athlone,

The WP access doesn’t seem to be working. Can you check that out? Also, once we have access to the site, would it be possible if we could disable the caching plugin to check?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Athlone,

The login’s working now but I can’t seem to see the issue on the page you’ve mentioned above? I visited the page first, all links are working fine. Deactivated W3T Cache, same thing. Reactivated the plugin, and I’m seeing the same thing as well. I did visit the site as well on Incognito each time. Are you experiencing this issue right now on the same page?

Ben

[Content Hidden]

Hey Athlone,

Yes, we did have a bug on the latest version of the plugin and it has something to do with the background overlays. We’ve already fixed it on our end though and should be available on the next maintenance patch. :slight_smile:

Ben

Hi Ben

Super thank you for the update.

Have a good week.

Warmest regards,

Athlone

No worries at all, Athlone! We’ll be releasing 1.7.5 today since the overlay bug is a big one. Anyway, have fun with BB! :slight_smile:

Ben