Row width + circular photos

Hello again
In the Biz template, the circular cropped images beneath the top slider has a border, but I can’t see where to add or adjust it…?

In in2it.no/demo3 I’ve placed a post slider in the top, but making the row actually full-width is impossible, as it also is for the rows below. I’ve tried to switch to full-width, both the row and the contents, but no. Any way to fix this? (You’ll see the upper row in “full-width” with a grey background.)
By the way: Does the number of posts (and images) selected in the post slider have any influence on loading speed?
And: In the post slider, is it possible to make the image linkable? Something for the wish list?

Thanks,
Kjetil

Hey Kjetil,

Regarding the circular cropped images in Biz template, those are actually premade images with borders. Eg. http://demos.fastlinemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2014/06/flower-home.png

Let’s continue with the full width question, have you tried checking on the theme options to see if there is any option to set the page/theme into full width? Or probably check the page editor for a full page template?

Just got a word from my teammate that the number of posts in a post slider will affect loading speed a bit, but not enough to worry about.

Unfortunately, you can’t make the image linkable for post sliders at the moment. Have you tried playing around with content slider module? It works quite similar to post slider module and it has got the features to make the image linkable. You should probably check them out and let us know how it goes.

If you had an idea or a feature request, go ahead and put in a request in our User Voice forums and we’ll take a look at perhaps adding that functionality in the future.

Thanks!

KC

Grmf…! You know, it’s quite annoying when you have so simple solutions - I’m feeling silly…:o)
Regarding the “impossible” fullwidth: When we almost exclusively work with posts and then one single page, it is so easy to forget that there’s a backend to look after. Yes, switching page template to Full width worked like… magic. Weird… :o)
Maybe the circular images weren’t that obvious. Thanks for clearifying.
The content slider: I’ve had a look at it. It’s fine, but my goal is to automate either how a slider is shown (if we stick to a slider) or to show just one random post in full-width at the top, since just one post there will load quicker.
About a slider: Should we keep the number of posts below like… 5? What do you recommend to keep loading speed up?
Just to display one random post each time someone loads the page: Would it be correct to use the post slider and just set the number of posts to 1 with a loooong delay/ with Auto-play: No?
Thanks,
Kjetil
PS We are steadily building this new site with new content. We’ve used other builders previously, but my partner and I just loves this one. Well done!

Hey Kjetil,

Glad that full-width page template worked for you. Keep the questions coming, we are totally fine with that. Regarding the sliders loading time, I would recommend checking your site loading speed at Google Page Speed for more in-depth info.

You mentioned that you want to display a random post each time someone loads the page. Have you tried searching for a plugin that have such features? It’s totally up to you.

You might also want to post on the FB Group and/or the Slack channel. The guys there might have an idea. Links below.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/beaverbuilders/
http://beaverbuilders.herokuapp.com/

Thanks!

KC

Thanks again for your input
I’ll experiment a bit and see what Google Page Speed reveals.
For the random post, we try hard to keep the number of plugins down, to keep maintenance simple, reduce conflicts and improve speed.
We’re still trying different functionality on the site but I believe a one-post slider should work fine.
Cheers!
Kj

Hey KJ,

Very Cool, let us know if you need anything further. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

KC