Select Multiple Custom Post Type on Posts Module

Hi,

I just want to ask if you guys have an option o workaround on how I can make multiple selection of Custom Post Types on the Posts Module.

I would like to call posts from 5 custom post types from a certain category.

Kind regards,
Lyn

Hey Lyn,

Do they really need to be CPTs? The only thing I can think of is instead of it being CPTs, just assign them to different categories? Will that work for you?

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the fast reply, It’s a bit more complicated because those 5 CPTs has 3 more taxonomies each and a lot more children under those taxonomies.

The easiest way to make a Featured Post for all of those is to create a specific category that can be used on all of the CPTs. That is why I need the multi select function of custom post type on the Posts Module.

Is there a way to make it happen? maybe we can override the posts module for this functionality?

I also tried some plugins like Ultimate post Widget and Flexible Post widget, but they are both not working fine with the builder.

regards,
Lyn

Hey Lyn.

Thanks for reaching out with your question!

Currently, you can only select one CPT for the posts module. Being able to select multiple would be a great feature request. If you have a minute, would you please add this on our user voice page?

https://wpbeaverbuilder.uservoice.com/

You can also override the posts module in your theme and write in the functionality yourself. Here’s a link to our knowledge base with more information on that:

http://forum.wpbeaverbuilder.com/custom-module-documentation/#override-built-in

Hi Rob,

Good day, I tried to figure out on overriding built in modules but it seems like there are changes on the folder structure I can’t find the /plugins/fl-builder/ I think it is changed to /plugin/bb-plugin/ do I need to name the folder to be created on my child theme same as the new structure?

Then, back to the original question, I just found a workaround by making a shortcode to apply a query for what I need.

Thanks guys…

Hey Lyn,

Right, the Custom Module docs were created pre-BB. We’re gonna have to fix that, thanks for the heads up!

And glad you found a workaround! Have fun with BB! :slight_smile:

Ben