Several Builder Bugs

This is better than watching HBO to me :slight_smile:

Are you comfortable with working with some PHP snippets? If so, I can shoot some your way to do that. Otherwise, you might consider contacting the plugin author. It should be a fairly easy fix for them.

I would love to see those php snippets :slight_smile:

Thank you Justin! I am very comfortable with PHP Snippets and would so much appreciate it!

And also, when I have time, I’ll reach out to the plugin author as well. I think, with a plugin as widely used as this one, (it’s actually a platform and there are many 3rd party plugins for it including a WooCommmerce integration), it will be important to have them fix that, otherwise you may run into this issue again and again with many others in the future.

Thanks for your great support.

Steve

Just saw your previous message. Yes, you’re welcome to continue testing!

I encourage you to share all of this with the Groups plugins people for sure. This has brought back memories of problems I’ve had which were probably directly related to this faulty code here. Next time I’ll know what to look for.

Beaver Builder people rock! Thank you for the sharing and openness you exhibit in these forums.

Thanks, Steve. I created a fix on my test site that catches errors and keeps them from breaking the builder. I’m going to try this out on your site. I’ll let you know how it goes. If it works, you shouldn’t need to worry about any PHP.

This is better than watching HBO to me

LOL :slight_smile:

Justin

Great. I just re-activated the Groups plugin

Hey Steve,

You should be all set. I’ve patched your site with the new error handling code that attempts to prevent third party plugins from breaking the builder. Let me know if you run into anything else.

Thanks!
Justin

Is this going to be in the coming update? I’m about to need Groups myself :slight_smile:

[Content Hidden]

Sure thing. You may need to clear your cache, but let me try first.

Justin

Is this going to be in the coming update?

Yep! That should be out by early next week.

Hey Steve,

I was able to add a gallery without any issues. Can you clear your cache and try again?

Justin

That did the trick, Justin. It is working fantastically now! I’ve just gone through and added every module and it all works. It’s really an amazing builder - I’ve never tried everything out before.

So I’m assuming that the Groups plugin will continue to work, even on pages built by builder, just that it won’t interfere in editing mode. Is that correct?

Thanks again for amazing support. Let me know when you’re through testing - you’re welcome to continue for a while more if you’d like.

Hey Steve,

That’s great to hear! The groups plugin should continue to work. The only thing that isn’t working on the front-end is their advanced select box for permissions on media. It will only show the standard select box since the JS for the advanced select box isn’t available.

I’m through testing now so feel free to revoke the temporary login.

Thanks!
Justin