Simple theme template (coming soon) no longer showing full width

Hi Team,

I’m a new BB user and excited about everything I see so far. I just started using the builder so my question may (hopefully) have a simple answer I’m overlooking. Here’s my issue …

I needed to setup a temporary page for a website (coming soon) so I grabbed one of the pre-made templates provided with the BB plugin and just dropped a background image into the template and setup a quick mailchimp account to collect emails.

All was fine, I was quite impressed at how easy it actually was. BUT … all of a sudden the theme layout seemed to break on me. Again, using your pre-made “coming soon” template I only swapped the background image and edited the optin form. But the “full width” row with background image all of a sudden went to a fixed width. Not sure why or how or even when. I refreshed the page after editing some text and it was fixed width. Can’t seem to get it back to full width after exhaustive attempts. SHould be so simple I know… and I’m assuming I’m just missing something simple.

I could trash the page and start fresh… but I’d like to make this a learning lesson :wink:

The link to the temp page on the site is http://maxwellshouseresort.com/welcome-our-new-website-is-coming-soon/

Also here is a screenshot of the issues and settings I’ve used. Seems like everything is set correctly.

settings

screenshot

Appreciate any help you can provide on where to fix the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Hey David,

Welcome to the BB forums! :slight_smile:

That would be caused by the theme preset you’ve chosen, which is Premier. That specific preset is set to a boxed layout, not full width, and you can’t override the settings of a preset. I’d suggest using the default preset, or choose another one which is full width.

These settings can be changed under Appearance > Customize > Preset. If you’re going to use the Default preset, you can set the content to Full Width under Appearance > Customize > General > Layout.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Ben

Thank you Ben. I knew it had to be a simple fix and I was overlooking it. That adjustment worked perfectly. Thanks again!

No worries! Have fun with BB! :slight_smile:

Ben